Prayers for my Baby Duke please

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:pray: Sure hope Duke feels better very soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers, hugs amd positive thoughts to Duke and Momma!

I have heard great things about the Atopica... costly, but very effective.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sending you and Duke lots of love, hugs and prayers that the new meds work for him and he gets better soon. Come on Buddy summer is almost here get better soon.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
thanks everyone.. I gave him another bath, put his ointment on .. shirted him up and praying!!!!!!!! he does not scratch today !! :pray:
I really think if he would just stop ripping it open it would heal quicker!

I really appreciate the good thoughts and prayers.. I hate when my Duke isn't feeling well!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh no ... so sorry to hear this!! But at least they now know what it is and can start treating it the right way. I'm sure as soon as the itchiness starts to go away that he will stop bothering it and in turn it will heal.

Still a very stressful time for you though!! :hug:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
thank you so much.. the problem with Duke is the infection is right if you can picture behind his ear on his neck line. I have cut sweatshirts etc.. what I finally did was buy a child's turtleneck! LOL:*(
but I think because its right on the crease it irriates him.. I appreciate the suggestion.. just want him to be comfortable. sitting here at work PRAYING he didn't rip open today.

Good Luck with getting the yeast cleared up!!

Hoping Duke is doing better, hoping he is.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hoping Duke gets better everyday. I can't even imagine how stressful this is for the both of you. You've gotten some great advise that I've also learned from just by reading this thread. We all come together to help out! Please keep us posted. I :luv:the avatar picture of your boy. Hubba Hubba

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Love the t-shirts and turtlenecks ideas here!

I hope Duke is feeling better soon...:heart:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
:eek: how did i miss this. oh karen i hope duke is ok soon and the meds help him get better. perhaps a bandana tied around his neck with the flap hanging would help like they do when you take them to get them shampood or clipped. can you give him benadryl for the itching or put hydrocortisone on it. prayers for you and duke. :pray:

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
thank you so much everyone!! today is day 2 of NO ripping himself open.. the topical antibiotic ointment is working! I can not tell you how God awful it looks :( it makes me cry.. hoping he will heal up soon!
I know you guys know he had pancreatitis back in Jan and I took him off NVI ( per the vet ) the fat content was too high but now that I am weaning him off the prednisone I have taken it upon myself to slowly put him back on it.. I chose the duck forumula which is very low fat.. the truth is Duke feels better, has NO itching and looks healthier on it? so my gut told me to do this..

please continue to pray for him.. this poor Dukie has been though so much with these allergies.. and my pocketbook is EMPTY.. :eek:

I told my mom today I would sell my house for him to feel better!

Love you guys!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So glad to see the good news. :heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.