BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Prayers for my Baby Duke please *UPDATE

HI everyone
I just wanted to ask for prayers for Duke.. I had posted about two weeks ago ( long story that Duke has developed Atopic Dermatitis and deep pyoderma)
and basically has a bad skin infection. We have spent $1100 since April 15th and they finally got all the cultures back etc.. Duke is OK .. heart and lungs are good and his blood work is good but I am weaning him off prednisone , starting Atopica ( all which we can handle )

but our poor little guy is very uncomfortable from the infection.. he scratches it open almost every other day. the vet called me late last night and now that they know exactly what it is they are treating it.. ( topical antibiotics and a shampoo we have to bathe him in every other day ) the dermatolgist swears it is the deep infection that was making him scratch.. please I sure hope so! :pray:

I just feel so bad for him he is such a trooper never complains but I know he is so uncomfortable.

Prayers needed that this medication work to clear it up.. !! :cry:

Thank you

oh guys.. Duke's infection seems to be clearing a little but the plaques are still so puffy and red.. please keep praying something works.. he is almost done prednisone. had to wean him off slow, taking atopica ( not sure of spelling ) taking gabapetin for itching and pain , zrtec. dear Lord.. just want my baby to be comfortable. :cry:
he doesn't complain but it looks awful. I have never seen anything like this.. the vet ( dermatologist said to please be patient ) its hard..

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, it's so hard when we have to see them suffer like that. Lots of prayers and positive vibes for Duke and wishing him a successful recovery and that he'll be feeling better very soon!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Positive and healing thoughts coming your way!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Poor baby. Sending positive vibes, hugs and kisses to Duke.

We're going through a terrible yeast infection with Blue right now. He's also scratching like crazy which causes him to bloody his belly :(
What I did was, take a bunch of Chris' Jockey (not Hanes because Hanes doesn't have 100% cotton) crew neck undershirts, cut out the arms and wrapped Blue in them. I made sure to keep the shirt loose so his skin can breath, as yeast likes damp, and warm places.
So now, when he scratches, at least he's not cutting himself. In the few days he's been wearing them (and man does he hate these shirts), the scabs from where he scratched himself raw are already healing up.
Here's a pic so you can see what I'm talking about with the shirts.

View attachment 43122

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Poor baby. Sending positive vibes, hugs and kisses to Duke.

We're going through a terrible yeast infection with Blue right now. He's also scratching like crazy which causes him to bloody his belly :(
What I did was, take a bunch of Chris' Jockey (not Hanes because Hanes doesn't have 100% cotton) crew neck undershirts, cut out the arms and wrapped Blue in them. I made sure to keep the shirt loose so his skin can breath, as yeast likes damp, and warm places.
So now, when he scratches, at least he's not cutting himself. In the few days he's been wearing them (and man does he hate these shirts), the scabs from where he scratched himself raw are already healing up.
Here's a pic so you can see what I'm talking about with the shirts.

View attachment 43122

thank you so much.. the problem with Duke is the infection is right if you can picture behind his ear on his neck line. I have cut sweatshirts etc.. what I finally did was buy a child's turtleneck! LOL:*(
but I think because its right on the crease it irriates him.. I appreciate the suggestion.. just want him to be comfortable. sitting here at work PRAYING he didn't rip open today.

Good Luck with getting the yeast cleared up!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh man, yeah- that's a tough place to have it :(
Keeping my fingers crossed he hasn't ripped it.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Prayers starting right now for Duke, sending hugs of love & comfort to
all of you!
:hug2:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
We're going through a terrible yeast infection with Blue right now. He's also scratching like crazy which causes him to bloody his belly

Will pray for Blue...are you adding Apple Cider Vinegar to his food or water?
​You can drizzle 1 TBSP over his food or add to water bowl each day.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, try not to worry too much...Truman was right where Baby Duke is with a festering skin infection that turned part of his skin black BUT once we got on an topical antibiotic and got the cyclosporine going, we've been good since. Get better soon Duke!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Poor Duke :(

Don't go thinking I'm crazy for this ok? Go make him some tea :yes: Chamomile is best, but regular works if you have it. Steep the tea bags until the water is cool, squeeze out some of the liquid and rub his sore spots with the wet teabag or a cotton ball soaked in the stuff. It will help stop the itching. (works great to soothe sunburn too!)

You can also make a rinse for him with sage, thyme and epsom salts. This will calm him as well as help with the itch.

I hope he feels better soon!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.