Help Needed! Throwing Up

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Question for everyone, Bacon woke up at 8am Saturday throwing up everywhere. It was pretty much very mucussey with what looked like some of his apple treat chunks in it and there was a lot of it, mostly the snotty like stuff. We just assumed it was due to a stressful day prior to that and his allergies being really bad due to all the pollen. By later that day he was back to his normal little goofball self. This morning he did the same thing again, pretty much all mucussey stuff but a decent amount of it. Has anyone else run into their bullies throwing up in the morning when their allergies are really bad? He is eating, drinking, and :poo:ing normally so that rules out that he may have an obstruction, just wondering if anyone has run into this during allergy season?

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Aww poor Bacon! Could he be eating or drinking too fast?? This happens to Winston occasionally when he gets his days where decides it would be fun to drink a whole bowl of water in about 2 minutes! Most of the time I catch it and take it away so he can catch his breathe but he has been sneaky before. When that does happen its very mucussey like you said. That's all I can think of. I hope the little guy is feeling better soon!

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
It's happening first thing in the morning as soon as he wakes up. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the distemper shot he got last Thursday after seeing [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] post about Sally

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This has happened to both Finn and Tate as well. They just would throw up out of the blue, actually happened two days in a row for Tate and once for Finn and at first I thought they had a stomach bug. But after a day of not giving them too much food and snacks (i also only gave them a little rice and some ground beef for their meal), they were okay. Hopefully this is self resolving for Bacon. Just keep an eye out and if he continues to throw up then I'd take him to the vet, otherwise, could just be d/t the allergies and his need to cough up the mucus build up.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
This has happened with Vegas numoursous times. I think it is from sleeping all night and the mucus just kinds of builds up instead of like during the day where he is running around, going outside etc...that helps to keep it broke up. Was it just a foamy bile? This is usually what he throws up in the mornings. Not every morning, but he has done it quite a bit over the years.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
This has happened with Vegas numoursous times. I think it is from sleeping all night and the mucus just kinds of builds up instead of like during the day where he is running around, going outside etc...that helps to keep it broke up. Was it just a foamy bile? This is usually what he throws up in the mornings. Not every morning, but he has done it quite a bit over the years.

Yea it was the foamy stuff just like what Jeannie posted the pic of that Sally threw up.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yea it was the foamy stuff just like what Jeannie posted the pic of that Sally threw up.

Sounds like tummy bile to me..if its foamy. Jake started it out of the blue and I figured it was because his tummy was so empty. I started giving him a rice cake before bed..as late as possible..and he hasn't done it since.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Okay cool thanks if he keeps doing it I'll start giving him a little snack before bed.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Okay cool thanks if he keeps doing it I'll start giving him a little snack before bed.

Pete..my daughters Golden had done this and the vet told her about using rice cakes. No calories really..and being cardboard..it was a natural favorite for Jake! :ROFL: if you use them..just get the unsalted..I get brown rice..

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It's happening first thing in the morning as soon as he wakes up. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the distemper shot he got last Thursday after seeing [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] post about Sally
Pete it's quite possible. I been doing some reading on the side effects rabies shot and the symptoms can show up anywhere from three days to a week later.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke was like this sring and fall mostly.... his allergies and all the mucus build up would cause his tummy to be a mess in the mornings.

L

Lucy-licious

My immediate thought was empty tummy too. I'd try the rice cake :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

When Buster first came to us he was coughing up bad foamy stuff too in the mornings and the vet told us to give him snacks before he went to bed and it stopped. He would probably eat every hour on the hour if he had it his way.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours will do this sometimes from time to time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.