URGENT!!! Yelp--cry

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Ok so I'm having to leave Zeus on a leash when we go out because he is getting adventurous and wandering around and going over to the neighbors yard and garage as well as getting close to the road. He has a collar as of now but getting a harness this weekend from a lady who makes them (best I've ever seen). Any way the point...
He took off running and of course the leash jerked him back (not me) be started helping and crying immediately scared me to death I went to him as fast as I could and rubbed his neck under his chin and he continued for a few seconds.
Of course I'm in panic and crying bc a few seconds seem like a million years. He stopped and acted ok.
What could have happened????!!! Scared me to death..

After he stopped and acted fine I checked him out again nothing visible and of course gave him some big hugs and kisses.

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Well, it probably hurt him so he cried out...which is why you're doing a great thing by getting that harness, especially with a curious puppy!

The other benefit is that because they have such a tough time breathing anyway, the harness eliminates anything around the neck that might make it even harder.

Sorry about your scare!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
May have scared the heck out of him too.... also the collar may have pinched him

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
It did scare the crap outta me. I've been putting off getting the harness because I wanted to wait till this weekend to get it from the lady that makes them. We are having festival in the park and I'm taking both of my big babies to get new harnesses. He is acting fine thank goodness. I've kept my eye on him all day. Both are aim bathing whole I vacuum the pool

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
How long is the leash? If it's a retractable one then just give him enough to walk beside you and lock it in place. Usually a 6' leash is all you need. The retractable ones are too long and if they take off running and come to the end of it, they get a hard jolt or the handle could come out of your hand and off they go. He more than likely hurt his neck or throat. The harness will help, but I would stick to a 6' leash.

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
How long is the leash? If it's a retractable one then just give him enough to walk beside you and lock it in place. Usually a 6' leash is all you need. The retractable ones are too long and if they take off running and come to the end of it, they get a hard jolt or the handle could come out of your hand and off they go. He more than likely hurt his neck or throat. The harness will help, but I would stick to a 6' leash.

I don't have the retractable one. I don't like them because they can wrap themselves around me. I already have a walking disability so I don't need the help falling. Lol I do that fine on my own. I have the leash that has the extra handle close to the base of the leash where if needed I can hold them closer to me.

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.