JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Sally got sick all over the place about 45 minutes ago. Then she had a white food colored foamy throw up all over the deck. She has zero appetite right now too. Poor girl, she's barely eaten today.

Is it possible that it's a reaction to her rabies shot today?

Last edited:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
yep. one of the side effects :(

blue got his shot a little over a week ago. two days later he developed a rash on his belly that I can't get ride of, it's now hives. vets coming tomorrow. I think his is also a side effect.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
oh no feel better soon Sally!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yep. one of the side effects :(

blue got his shot a little over a week ago. two days later he developed a rash on his belly that I can't get ride of, it's now hives. vets coming tomorrow. I think his is also a side effect.

That's right, I remember reading about poor Blue getting sick. I'll keep an eye on her. Hope Blue get better soon! :hug:
[MENTION=3502]NigelsMom[/MENTION], thanks Sally!! :)

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Have you tried giving some girl benadryl... Our boxer had a reaction a few yrs back so about an hour before shots I give them. Little.

I have the shots for boosters in the fridge but haven't had a day NOTHING is going on i can be here....

Hope she feels better soon :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you tried giving some girl benadryl... Our boxer had a reaction a few yrs back so about an hour before shots I give them. Little.

I have the shots for boosters in the fridge but haven't had a day NOTHING is going on i can be here....

Hope she feels better soon :(
What will the benedryl do for her right now. I thought maybe a tums? Here's the foamy stuff. She got sick again just a bit ago.

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
It helps calm things down in the body. You can always ask the vet to make sure of dosage. I would give mine at least a dose for a 10yr old. But that is me. You might also wanna try a little rice and kibble too... I know its a grain but its so good a calming a tummy.

BeBe gets the foam when she has gone to long without eating.

Where on a schedule here and if something happens and I can't feed they have to wait for my BF who sometimes has a memory of a bug...

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2714]HrsDiva[/MENTION], she's on rice and kibble right now but didn't want anything to do with food. She won't touch just straight kibble right now either. She was only eating once at day at the shelter and now I'm splitting that up to twice a day. Wonder if I should go back to once for a bit? Do you think I should give her a Benedryl now? I'll have to shove it down her throat cause she won't eat right now.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jeannie..I wouldn't give the Benadryl now. It would go straight to an upset tummy and probably not really help with her reaction. Did she get a 3 year vaccine or a 1 year?

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh Ms Sally bless her heart... Breath momma! !!

Yes if it were me I would. . But that's me.

Don't worry about the food too much yet. I say this because BeBe after 3 yrs of rescuing her still only eats Once a day. And there are times she still will not eat a meal. Just gotten to the point where she will eat almost 2 cups of food.

What would happen with her was she would eat and the food would sit in her tummy like a rock. My understanding was she wasn't having enough tummy acid (foam kinda) to break the food down.

Have you called the after hours number yet?

When the boxer had a reaction i even video taped it... And I told the vet look i don't freak out but this want right...

He gave home a two shots one was an antihistamine and I can't remember the other.

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
And shoving it down the throat is okay or put in a hot dog... I no another bad bad thing... But sometimes you have to break the rules

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeannie..I wouldn't give the Benadryl now. It would go straight to an upset tummy and probably not really help with her reaction. Did she get a 3 year vaccine or a 1 year?

Our vets will not give a 3 yrs without proof of a one yr...
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] maybe the melt aways?

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5438]Jenni[/MENTION]eCo did you get through to the vets after hours number?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.