JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Sally had a good night last night she kept all her food down and ate this morning. She still does not want anything to do with her rice and kibble only boiled chicken and hamburger. I'll post up in the nutrition section now to see if I should be giving her supplements.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sally had a good night last night she kept all her food down and ate this morning. She still does not want anything to do with her rice and kibble only boiled chicken and hamburger. I'll post up in the nutrition section now to see if I should be giving her supplements.

Hmmmm... I see "home cooking" in your future ...........:yes: :tongue: :p

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Just an idea for you Jeannie.... Fromm is very small kibble.... less than 1/4" diameter. Gracie doesn't chew so it works for her.... wonder if it would be easier for Sally too..???

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So happy that he's feeling betterand keeping her food down! She does look so thin that no wonder you're worried....I'd just give her what ever she eats...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

Kibbles and Bits....I mean heck...give her what she wants! :eek:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey if she only wants chicken and has no side effects from it, then chicken it is for her. [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], she's being giving Fromm Pork & Peas, doesn't want that either. I'll try the Beef Fritatta tonight for her.
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], the thought crossed my mind. She doesn't want pumpkin either, ONLY chicken!
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], that's a big fat no on the steak. :p

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So happy that he's feeling betterand keeping her food down! She does look so thin that no wonder you're worried....I'd just give her what ever she eats...
That's my thinking right now too. She was already thin and now she's boney.

Kibbles and Bits....I mean heck...give her what she wants! :eek:
:up:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Well, at least she likes the chicken. Hope you enjoy cooking.. :tongue:.. lol..:D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It's possible that she has spent most of her life being fed table scraps too! We get a few bullys into rescue who are either grossly overweight, or very malnourished because all they've been fed is scraps from the table.

If you're worried about her diet being too high in protein and/or not balanced enough, then i would certainly continue as you are for a couple of weeks until she settles into her new life. Then maybe try adding a little mashed potato, or some pasta or the rice again???

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
How about some probiotics, the powdered kind if she won't eat yogurt. Not the cheapest, but effective.

- - - Updated - - -

And c'mon, don't you think she deserves steak? It's a long weekend after all. :D

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
How much did they charge you for the shot? That will give you an idea of what it was. Cerenia is close to 50 bucks whereas Reglan is around 15.

If you don't want to cook for her but all she will eat is chicken, have you considered putting chicken broth or chicken fat on her kibbles?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's possible that she has spent most of her life being fed table scraps too! We get a few bullys into rescue who are either grossly overweight, or very malnourished because all they've been fed is scraps from the table.

If you're worried about her diet being too high in protein and/or not balanced enough, then i would certainly continue as you are for a couple of weeks until she settles into her new life. Then maybe try adding a little mashed potato, or some pasta or the rice again???

I never thought about her eating table scraps. Really all I'm worried about right now is just getting weight on her. I can stabilize her later and introduce more stuff when she's more settle. I bet I'll see some big changes in her in a couple of weeks. :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How about some probiotics, the powdered kind if she won't eat yogurt. Not the cheapest, but effective.

- - - Updated - - -

And c'mon, don't you think she deserves steak? It's a long weekend after all. :D

I've seen mention of probiotics but hadn't paid much attention to the threads. :ashamed: What are they and where you buy them?

It's not Victoria Day here in the States :tease:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.