General Question Sick from Rabies shot today??? Sally

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Poor girl, can the vet give her something for an upset tummy?

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Poor Sally, this looks just like what Bacon threw up Saturday and this morning. He got his distemper shot last Thursday I wonder if it's from that?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Spoke to her vet. Ill be picking up a shot today to give her that will help reverse her throwing up. If she's not better tonight ill drop her off for observation tomorrow. She resting as I knew she'd be doing. I love my cameras!!!!

image.jpg

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
What will the benedryl do for her right now. I thought maybe a tums? Here's the foamy stuff. She got sick again just a bit ago.
Jeannie, thats the same exact mucus stuff I went through with Rocky when I adopted him, and he was on pedigree, so I bought pedigree to keep him on the same diet, my vet said okay, but did you see the bag and buy exact same stuff, I was like no i didn't, he said it could be as simple as small chunks to big chunks, one flavor to another, beef chunks to lamb and rice for instance, but then decdided Rocky was probably in a new enviroment, and needed to settle down some, I went through for a few days and then got the cerfyn or something like that, 8 doses, 2 a day for 4 days, his energy flew back, he started eating, etc... if thats it, imagine how many times this has happened to the poor girl... hope this helps, but your picture, and what I seen are exactly the same. hope this helps...

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Her spot is next to me no doubt. It was so neat to see her inching up, I was like, nahhhh she's not really doing that. :)

It's that energy thing...she knows...

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I always keep some Canine Nutri-Plus gel in the house for times when they're not eating for one reason or another. It has a lot of energy and nutrients. Not eating can drain so much energy too.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sorry I'm so late, hows the little mama doing tonight Jeannie ?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry it took me so long to get you all an update. I got home, tended to Sally and the Hooligans, gave Sally her shot and then steamed cleaned the carpets upstairs. After an hour the shot took affect and she actually had an appetite again. She didn't throw up either today. So then I got the boiled chicken out I made last night, made some fresh rice, cooked some hamburger and she ate the chicken and quite a bit of it. She had some hamburger too but she really really liked the chicken. I got some kibble & rice too and I tossed some chicken and hamburger in it and she only ate that. She wants nothing to do with kibble or rice.

She even played a bit tonight, albeit it was only for a moment but she played and chewed on a deer antler. :clap:

I forgot to ask my vet what the shot was get have me to give her thought but whatever it was it worked. She's held the food down so far and it's been nearly 2 hours since she ate.

Momma's much happier. I've been quite stressed today. She's lost some weight in the last two days. Time to go snuggle with her and eat now. I got to say I've never had a dog of any kind have an adverse reaction to a rabies shot and her coupled with what she's been through was quite stressful. She's just a jewel.

Here's a couple of pics from tonight. :love:

They're a bit blurry.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeannie, thats the same exact mucus stuff I went through with Rocky when I adopted him, and he was on pedigree, so I bought pedigree to keep him on the same diet, my vet said okay, but did you see the bag and buy exact same stuff, I was like no i didn't, he said it could be as simple as small chunks to big chunks, one flavor to another, beef chunks to lamb and rice for instance, but then decdided Rocky was probably in a new enviroment, and needed to settle down some, I went through for a few days and then got the cerfyn or something like that, 8 doses, 2 a day for 4 days, his energy flew back, he started eating, etc... if thats it, imagine how many times this has happened to the poor girl... hope this helps, but your picture, and what I seen are exactly the same. hope this helps...

I didn't know you adopted Rocky. We just don't know what her enviroment was that's for sure. The shelter said she was on science diet but I doubt she ate much of it as she's underweight. She want's nothing to do with that brand either. Thanks Dave!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And here her and Wilson were after they were done eating. :love:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)

Remi sometimes does this when he drinks too much water. Seems like a little upset stomach. Pepto?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sorry it took me so long to get you all an update. I got home, tended to Sally and the Hooligans, gave Sally her shot and then steamed cleaned the carpets upstairs. After an hour the shot took affect and she actually had an appetite again. She didn't throw up either today. So then I got the boiled chicken out I made last night, made some fresh rice, cooked some hamburger and she ate the chicken and quite a bit of it. She had some hamburger too but she really really liked the chicken. I got some kibble & rice too and I tossed some chicken and hamburger in it and she only ate that. She wants nothing to do with kibble or rice.

She even played a bit tonight, albeit it was only for a moment but she played and chewed on a deer antler. :clap:

I forgot to ask my vet what the shot was get have me to give her thought but whatever it was it worked. She's held the food down so far and it's been nearly 2 hours since she ate.

Momma's much happier. I've been quite stressed today. She's lost some weight in the last two days. Time to go snuggle with her and eat now. I got to say I've never had a dog of any kind have an adverse reaction to a rabies shot and her coupled with what she's been through was quite stressful. She's just a jewel.

Here's a couple of pics from tonight. :love:

They're a bit blurry.

Good news :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
So glad she is feeling better :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So glad she is feeling better :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for all your help. To my surprise she ate about 7 vege Scooby snacks just a bit ago. She had so eat them like a shark gulps its food back. She barely has any teeth so she's figured out his to get the harder food back to some of the molars for chewing. :hmm:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.