JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=2714]HrsDiva[/MENTION], I haven't called the after hours vet yet. If she gets sick one more time I will. I'll go back to one meal a day for now. Putting anything in a hotdog or anything else right now won't work......she just won't accept anything new really. She doesn't even want her Science Diet. I've been giving her Fromm Pork & Peas with hamburger and rice. I cooked up some chicken tonight for her tomorrow morning. My old guy Orion would skip meals periodically so I'm not too worried about that, yet. She's just so darn skinny, her spine is showing.

Becky, I'll wait on giving her anything. Didn't think about the empty tummy. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Oh she's inched herself over my lap a bit ago. She's totally laying over me right now. :)

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Your gonna be a wreak if you don't call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
[MENTION=2714]HrsDiva[/MENTION], I haven't called the after hours vet yet. If she gets sick one more time I will. I'll go back to one meal a day for now. Putting anything in a hotdog or anything else right now won't work......she just won't accept anything new really. She doesn't even want her Science Diet. I've been giving her Fromm Pork & Peas with hamburger and rice. I cooked up some chicken tonight for her tomorrow morning. My old guy Orion would skip meals periodically so I'm not too worried about that, yet. She's just so darn skinny, her spine is showing.

Becky, I'll wait on giving her anything. Didn't think about the empty tummy. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Oh she's inched herself over my lap a bit ago. She's totally laying over me right now. :)

:hug: to both of you :(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
3 year vaccine.

Jeannie..my vet told me there is absolutely no difference in the dosage of the 3 year vs 1 year vaccine. It's a labeling thing only..and they are refining the requirements now, because the actual coverage of the vaccine is 5-7 years. She won't give the rabies with any other vaccine though. Just cuz it's a lot, especially on a young one and/or a senior. poor girl..in actuality, it could just be the stress of a trip to the vet and all the change in her life. She will be fine...that looks like bile..probably because she hadn't eaten!
:hug: to both of you :(

:hug: to you Missy! I love seeing you!! :)

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agreed <3

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry she is feel bad, I have heard several getting sick from the 3 year shot. Hope she feels better tomorrow.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

She sure didn't take long to figure out the best spot in the world to be. Did she?
Hope she's feeling better in the morning and stops getting sick anymore now.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry she is feel bad, I have heard several getting sick from the 3 year shot. Hope she feels better tomorrow.

Me Too David! And so I told her I only wanted a 1 year for Jake. She said she'd do whatever I wanted, but....then explained it all to me. Dang vaccines..my grandson had 4 shots today! :eek: 4 at one tme! On a wee baby! It worries me for fur babies and skin babies!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeannie..my vet told me there is absolutely no difference in the dosage of the 3 year vs 1 year vaccine. It's a labeling thing only..and they are refining the requirements now, because the actual coverage of the vaccine is 5-7 years. She won't give the rabies with any other vaccine though. Just cuz it's a lot, especially on a young one and/or a senior. poor girl..in actuality, it could just be the stress of a trip to the vet and all the change in her life. She will be fine...that looks like bile..probably because she hadn't eaten!

:hug: to you Missy! I love seeing you!! :)

You're probably right. She also had a gluclosamine 3 week boost shot at the same time. I've heard that before on the vaccines but didn't remember that at all. I'll update in the morning on how's she's doing. She's upstairs now in bed. :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She sure didn't take long to figure out the best spot in the world to be. Did she?
Hope she's feeling better in the morning and stops getting sick anymore now.
Her spot is next to me no doubt. It was so neat to see her inching up, I was like, nahhhh she's not really doing that. :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Thank you David! I'm sure she will or it'll be off to the vet asap. I'm going back to once a day for a bit and then I'll give her a little bit while the rest are eating.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hope she feels better tomorrow. And you're probably right about her getting both jabs in one sitting. These things are so scary sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It was a horrible night. She threw up foamy bile another 6 times last night (once just 10 minutes ago after drinking water). She still won't eat. :( I have a call into her vet now. She's wiped out and so am I.

Staff online

Members online