JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Overall Sally's very healthy. I asked several things that I was concerned about.

Eyes - Since she's had two eyes surgeries (entropion on each eye) on April 2nd, I was very concerned about her one eye that's has a film/haze over it and if she could see out of it. It is a bit infected but she can see out of it. He gave me a compound prescription of Cyclosporin Opth. Drops 30ml. She'll get that twice a day for life. She has dry eye. But the haze should clear up soon.

Age - Her :birthday: is now officially May 11, 2006. May 11th since that's the day we got her. He thinks that she's a bit younger than 7 but it's hard to tell due to most of her teeth missing.

Hot spot on hind quarter - It's crusty right now but not bad. If squeezed it will ooze a bit of blood. He prescribed Mupirocin Ointment USP 2%. I can also use that for other areas.
Glucosamine - I asked him about that for her and I'll get her started on that in about 3 weeks. He gave her a startup shot that will last for 3 weeks. I need to find the liquid as she won't accept anything that's not from her bowl. Not peanut butter, not banana, nothing. Don't think she's ever had a treat before.

Arthritis in her front legs - She doesn't appear to have it yet thank goodness.

Weight - She weighed in at 43 pounds today. That's 10 less than I was told back in April. He does want her to gain some weight, 5-8 pounds. She's quite long. I was thinking 4-6 so I'm on target a bit and will put some weight on her and monitor her closely

Food - Right now on a mix of Fromm Pork & Peas (1/2 cup), lean ground beef (1/2 cup) and white rice (1/2 cup) to get her to eat. Her stools are finally firming up and she had her first taste of pumpkin last night. Loved it!

Well that's about it and I couldn't be happier with her checkup today. :happydance:

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] he did say that the spot on her front leg could have been from licking before if something was bothering her.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
@BruceP he did say that the spot on her front leg could have been from licking before if something was bothering her.

Good to hear that he could identify it. Gracie's forearms turn that color from her saliva so that is why I mentioned it. ;)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so happy for you all!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear that he could identify it. Gracie's forearms turn that color from her saliva so that is why I mentioned it. ;)

The rusty color on her white part of her legs? I wondered about that but didn't think about that part when you mentioned it at all. dohhhh

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:2thumbs: Great news on sweet Sally's vet visit. Sounds like everything is treatable and she's on the road to wholeness!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Great news - welcome to the good life Sally!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Awesome News Jeannie, Medically she's been treated, and i'm sure you and your family will work on plugging up the hole in her heart, that's she's been pouring love out from for a while while not receiving anything back!! She will finally get a chance to feel what love is, Her first season of it!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
The rusty color on her white part of her legs? I wondered about that but didn't think about that part when you mentioned it at all. dohhhh

Yup..... the rusty color. Its from their saliva,,,, acid or sumptin.... ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
FANTASTIC!!! She will be taking treats in no time...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.