Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Wish my vet had been as wise as yours....my poor Billy wont even go upstairs cos thats where the nasty bath hides waiting to eat him :scared:
Awe poor fur baby...I love my vet he even called me to make sure everything was going well and if I had any questions. I have a great vet.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just wondering if you could post a picture of the ring worm? I took Bo in last week for a couple spots on his head (in between his ears) where he suddenly was missing hair. The vet did a 'scrape' said it wasn't demodex and then took a few hair samples to do a culture, but said that he didn't think it was ring worm either.... but wasn't really sure what it was... I am supposed to call tomorrow to see if anything grew on the culture, in the meantime, he said to wipe the spots with HexaChlorK wipes.
Does anyone know any other uses for these wipes? Like maybe, can I use them on his nose wrinkle? Any insight welcome!!
I sure will if I can get a couple good ones if it wasn't demodex it most likely is ringworm since its only a few places you should be able to use an antifungal on them either monistat or something for athletes foot any antifungal.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
These are the best I could do I also took a pic of the dip the vet has him on IMG_20130516_122840_476.jpgIMG_20130516_123724_927.jpgIMG_20130516_123803_298.jpg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Jennifer, he has it all over, poor guy. I was wondering about him yesterday and didn't have time to stop by and check. Has he had a bath with the LimePlus Dip yet?

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jennifer, he has it all over, poor guy. I was wondering about him yesterday and didn't have time to stop by and check. Has he had a bath with the LimePlus Dip yet?
Yes yesterday was his second dose and the vet says he will no longer be contagious but we have two more dippings to do. We use a small weed sprayer to spray him down really good and the dips last longer this way because we are only using what we need of the dip. I still have enough mixed up for the next couple of dippings. Plus I still half a bottle or more left of the dip and I still have some meds from the Demodex last year because of doing it this way.:D:2thumbs:

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We are going for the third dipping today he is still scratching unless I give him the benadryl the vet gave me, but over all is feeling better.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I haven't had any experience with this, but I looked up some information on ringworm and copied and pasted itHow to Get Rid of Ringworm in DogsBy Mia Carter, eHow Contributor

Print this article
Ringworm is a fungus that can affect both humans and dogs. Symptoms of ringworm in dogs include a patch of fur loss, with red, crusty, dry, itchy skin that may have some degree of inflammation. Ringworm can start out as a small lesion and spread to the surrounding skin or other parts of the dog's body or to other pets or human family members. Ringworm is very contagious, and it requires prompt treatment to prevent it from spreading. Have a question? Get an answer from a Vet now!
Other People Are Reading
Dog Ringworm Signs & Symptoms How to Get Rid of Ringworm in 2 Days
Things You'll Need
Prescription antifungal medication Medicated dog shampoo Bathtub or sink (depending on size of dog) Laundry facilities Laundry detergent Color-safe bleach Vacuum cleaner Steam cleaner
Instructions
Get a diagnosis of ringworm from your veterinarian. Similar skin problems in dogs, such as skin parasites, skin allergies or yeast infections, can take on a similar appearance with similar symptoms. A veterinarian must diagnose ringworm before treatment can begin.

Give the dog the prescribed medications for ringworm. Depending on the severity of the dog's ringworm, the veterinarian will prescribe either oral medication and/or medicated ointment/cream. Give the proper dosage at the proper intervals.

Sponsored Links

Mississauga Veterinarian
House calls. Emergencies. Open 7 days a week. Extended hours.
www.eglintonhwy10vet.com
Give the dog a bath using medicated shampoo. The veterinarian's office can supply you with an antifungal medicated shampoo. The fungus spores can live in the dog's fur, making it difficult to eradicate ringworm, particularly in more serious cases. So a medicated shampoo is recommended twice a week for 2 consecutive weeks. The first shampoo should be performed when the dog is started on prescription medication. Most medicated shampoos will need to be left on the dog's skin for about 10 minutes to be effective.

Launder all bedding, dog toys, blankets, dog clothes, collars and other items that the dog has contacted directly. Use a color-safe bleach and detergent to remove fungus spores from the dog's environment. This should be done on the same day that treatment is started and again as the treatment ends, usually 7 to 10 days later.

For severe cases of ringworm, vacuum all carpets in the home on the same day that treatment begins, to remove fungus spores from the environment. If using a vacuum with bags, dispose of the bag at the end of the cleaning. If using a vacuum with a collection bin, empty the contents of the bin in an outdoor trash can and use bleach to disinfect the collection bin.

For severe cases of ringworm, steam clean any furniture items or areas of carpet where the dog sits on a frequent basis. Steam clean the furniture items and carpet on the day that treatment begins and then again at the end of the treatment period (when the round of prescription medication is complete).

Read more: How to Get Rid of Ringworm in Dogs | eHow http://www.ehow.com/how_4841268_rid-ringworm-dogs.html#ixzz2U3moLLD3

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We have done all that I have been vacuuming every day since we were diagnosed with ringworm bless his heart he hates the sprayer and I don't blame him the dip smells bad and he has to stay outside until its dry we put him on the covered porch and he hates it because he isn't with us in the house but the vet said after the second dipping he wouldn't be contagious anymore. We have bleached his kennel cleaned his toys and given him all medication the vet has prescribed. I so appreciate all the information I get. Thank you so much.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just wondering if you could post a picture of the ring worm? I took Bo in last week for a couple spots on his head (in between his ears) where he suddenly was missing hair. The vet did a 'scrape' said it wasn't demodex and then took a few hair samples to do a culture, but said that he didn't think it was ring worm either.... but wasn't really sure what it was... I am supposed to call tomorrow to see if anything grew on the culture, in the meantime, he said to wipe the spots with HexaChlorK wipes.
Does anyone know any other uses for these wipes? Like maybe, can I use them on his nose wrinkle? Any insight welcome!!
I was able to post a few pics of Sheldon but as of now the places he had have hair growing back we will be doing his fourth and final dipping this week and he has done wonderful. What did the vet say about your fur baby? I have been wondering how he is.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Incidentally, my sister's dog -- a boxer -- got ringworm and it went undiagnosed for some time. Meanwhile, she got it from the dog and without health insurance, she didn't visit the doctor either until things got as bad as they could get. At one point toward the end, she was losing her hair! Ringworm is some serious biz apparently! Both she and the dog have finally seen their respective physicians and all is well once again.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Incidentally, my sister's dog -- a boxer -- got ringworm and it went undiagnosed for some time. Meanwhile, she got it from the dog and without health insurance, she didn't visit the doctor either until things got as bad as they could get. At one point toward the end, she was losing her hair! Ringworm is some serious biz apparently! Both she and the dog have finally seen their respective physicians and all is well once again.
Oh WOW!!! I never would have guessed. I know ringworm is contagious and can get pretty serious. I have been watching the kids for any itchies and watching them very closely to make sure there aren't any and if I suspect there is I put medication on it right away. I told them if they got ringworm I was going to treat them with the stinky dip I have to treat Sheldon with.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I was able to post a few pics of Sheldon but as of now the places he had have hair growing back we will be doing his fourth and final dipping this week and he has done wonderful. What did the vet say about your fur baby? I have been wondering how he is.

The fungal culture came back negative... no growth whatsoever. So, since it hasn't gotten worse and they don't know what it is, we are just going to 'wait and see'! Sounds wonderful, I know!!

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
The fungal culture came back negative... no growth whatsoever. So, since it hasn't gotten worse and they don't know what it is, we are just going to 'wait and see'! Sounds wonderful, I know!!
I have heard that sometimes Bulldogs have hot spots and sometimes they lose the hair in these spots its not a skin condition really just they are hot...I was hoping that was the case with Sheldon. My room stays the coolest in the house so he goes to lay down in there frequently. I hate waiting and wondering it drives me crazy because they can't tell us what is wrong.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I have heard that sometimes Bulldogs have hot spots and sometimes they lose the hair in these spots its not a skin condition really just they are hot...I was hoping that was the case with Sheldon. My room stays the coolest in the house so he goes to lay down in there frequently. I hate waiting and wondering it drives me crazy because they can't tell us what is wrong.

I was also worried about 'hot spots', but the vet assured me that this is not the case. He said they are usually red, inflamed somewhat and bothersome. Bo's area is none of the above. I will try to snap a photo in a bit.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
huh, that dip,:barf: we have that for Jack when his staph rears it's ugly head. I don't dip his entire body either, rather I use a sponge and apply it outside. He , I , and everybody else hate that stuff. The vet said his office does it for $35 a dip . or $16 for the entire bottle. needless to say, we have the bottle.

I'm going to steal your idea of the sprayer. although We are free of any erroneous skin problems at this time :ROFL:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.