Thread: Ringworm

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ringworm

Incidentally, my sister's dog -- a boxer -- got ringworm and it went undiagnosed for some time. Meanwhile, she got it from the dog and without health insurance, she didn't visit the doctor either until things got as bad as they could get. At one point toward the end, she was losing her hair! Ringworm is some serious biz apparently! Both she and the dog have finally seen their respective physicians and all is well once again.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Incidentally, my sister's dog -- a boxer -- got ringworm and it went undiagnosed for some time. Meanwhile, she got it from the dog and without health insurance, she didn't visit the doctor either until things got as bad as they could get. At one point toward the end, she was losing her hair! Ringworm is some serious biz apparently! Both she and the dog have finally seen their respective physicians and all is well once again.
    Oh WOW!!! I never would have guessed. I know ringworm is contagious and can get pretty serious. I have been watching the kids for any itchies and watching them very closely to make sure there aren't any and if I suspect there is I put medication on it right away. I told them if they got ringworm I was going to treat them with the stinky dip I have to treat Sheldon with.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    I was able to post a few pics of Sheldon but as of now the places he had have hair growing back we will be doing his fourth and final dipping this week and he has done wonderful. What did the vet say about your fur baby? I have been wondering how he is.
    The fungal culture came back negative... no growth whatsoever. So, since it hasn't gotten worse and they don't know what it is, we are just going to 'wait and see'! Sounds wonderful, I know!!
    ~Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldogs.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    The fungal culture came back negative... no growth whatsoever. So, since it hasn't gotten worse and they don't know what it is, we are just going to 'wait and see'! Sounds wonderful, I know!!
    I have heard that sometimes Bulldogs have hot spots and sometimes they lose the hair in these spots its not a skin condition really just they are hot...I was hoping that was the case with Sheldon. My room stays the coolest in the house so he goes to lay down in there frequently. I hate waiting and wondering it drives me crazy because they can't tell us what is wrong.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

I have heard that sometimes Bulldogs have hot spots and sometimes they lose the hair in these spots its not a skin condition really just they are hot...I was hoping that was the case with Sheldon. My room stays the coolest in the house so he goes to lay down in there frequently. I hate waiting and wondering it drives me crazy because they can't tell us what is wrong.
    I was also worried about 'hot spots', but the vet assured me that this is not the case. He said they are usually red, inflamed somewhat and bothersome. Bo's area is none of the above. I will try to snap a photo in a bit.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

huh, that dip, we have that for Jack when his staph rears it's ugly head. I don't dip his entire body either, rather I use a sponge and apply it outside. He , I , and everybody else hate that stuff. The vet said his office does it for $35 a dip . or $16 for the entire bottle. needless to say, we have the bottle.

I'm going to steal your idea of the sprayer. although We are free of any erroneous skin problems at this time
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    huh, that dip, we have that for Jack when his staph rears it's ugly head. I don't dip his entire body either, rather I use a sponge and apply it outside. He , I , and everybody else hate that stuff. The vet said his office does it for $35 a dip . or $16 for the entire bottle. needless to say, we have the bottle.

I'm going to steal your idea of the sprayer. although We are free of any erroneous skin problems at this time
    I was thinking that this idea is good for any type of dip. Its a good idea I was really glad my vet told me what to do when Sheldon was diagnosed last year with Demadex. I am so glad his bath wasn't ruined because he loves his baths as well as getting his teeth brushed. I will make a video of it sometime because he also smiles afterward like he is proud of his pretty white teeth LOL. We got the bottle as well. Sheldon had staph at the same time and was on antibiotic but he is doing so much better he was ripping around this evening playing with his chewed up frisbee LOL.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was also worried about 'hot spots', but the vet assured me that this is not the case. He said they are usually red, inflamed somewhat and bothersome. Bo's area is none of the above. I will try to snap a photo in a bit.
    Bless his heart please keep me posted. Oh on a side note to all the animal lovers out there a really good friend of mine got his dog shot the other day and he needs prayers coping with the loss of his best friend. His neighbor (a preacher I might add) shot his dog and the poor thing made it home and was still alive but my friend didn't realize he was shot he thought he just got hurt when the scab fell off he could tell it was a gun shot and the poor dog was in pain and I'll leave some of the gorier details out so they had to have him put down and my friend is heart broken so to all my animal lovers out there please pray for my friends comfort in this time of hurt and pain and confusion.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Bless his heart please keep me posted. Oh on a side note to all the animal lovers out there a really good friend of mine got his dog shot the other day and he needs prayers coping with the loss of his best friend. His neighbor (a preacher I might add) shot his dog and the poor thing made it home and was still alive but my friend didn't realize he was shot he thought he just got hurt when the scab fell off he could tell it was a gun shot and the poor dog was in pain and I'll leave some of the gorier details out so they had to have him put down and my friend is heart broken so to all my animal lovers out there please pray for my friends comfort in this time of hurt and pain and confusion.
    So we went back to the vet for a follow up appt. The spots on his head haven't gotten worse but he's got a few small spots on his hind end. I can't get a great picture, but I'll post what I have. The mange scrape and fungal culture came back negative. Any insight would help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

So we went back to the vet for a follow up appt. The spots on his head haven't gotten worse but he's got a few small spots on his hind end. I can't get a great picture, but I'll post what I have. The mange scrape and fungal culture came back negative. Any insight would help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Those spots look just like the ones on Sheldons back his are getting better our vet said that even though the testing came back negative for the mange and fungus he went ahead and treated him for ringworm because of the way the spots looked and the dip has helpex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads