Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ringworm

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    No....I asked the vet but he said it was a bit overkill.
    Sorry about the dips though, Lucy just had tablets for hers.
    I'm guessing the dips are for something else. Does he have Dermadex mange too? My billy had tat he hated those baths, but was worth it. And although we know the mites are still there, just laying dormant waiting to attack should his immunity drop, he's been fine since x
    Yes he had Demadex last year that is why we couldn't give him a steroid...the ringworm isn't localized its all over him mainly on his back and two really bad places on his neck but the vet told me to get a small weed sprayer to mix the dip in to spray on Sheldon making sure he is good and drenched in it so it shouldn't ruin bath time for him he loves baths as well as having his teeth brushed. Its so funny my dog loves his personal hygiene. If I had realized it could be so easy I wouldn't have taken him with me. I really don't think he got it from our yard. We wash our hands every time any of us have to do anything with him. After tomorrow though he won't be contagious.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    Yes he had Demadex last year that is why we couldn't give him a steroid...the ringworm isn't localized its all over him mainly on his back and two really bad places on his neck but the vet told me to get a small weed sprayer to mix the dip in to spray on Sheldon making sure he is good and drenched in it so it shouldn't ruin bath time for him he loves baths as well as having his teeth brushed. Its so funny my dog loves his personal hygiene. If I had realized it could be so easy I wouldn't have taken him with me. I really don't think he got it from our yard. We wash our hands every time any of us have to do anything with him. After tomorrow though he won't be contagious.
    Just wondering if you could post a picture of the ring worm? I took Bo in last week for a couple spots on his head (in between his ears) where he suddenly was missing hair. The vet did a 'scrape' said it wasn't demodex and then took a few hair samples to do a culture, but said that he didn't think it was ring worm either.... but wasn't really sure what it was... I am supposed to call tomorrow to see if anything grew on the culture, in the meantime, he said to wipe the spots with HexaChlorK wipes.
    Does anyone know any other uses for these wipes? Like maybe, can I use them on his nose wrinkle? Any insight welcome!!
    ~Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldogs.

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post

Wish my vet had been as wise as yours....my poor Billy wont even go upstairs cos thats where the nasty bath hides waiting to eat him

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    Wish my vet had been as wise as yours....my poor Billy wont even go upstairs cos thats where the nasty bath hides waiting to eat him
    Awe poor fur baby...I love my vet he even called me to make sure everything was going well and if I had any questions. I have a great vet.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    Just wondering if you could post a picture of the ring worm? I took Bo in last week for a couple spots on his head (in between his ears) where he suddenly was missing hair. The vet did a 'scrape' said it wasn't demodex and then took a few hair samples to do a culture, but said that he didn't think it was ring worm either.... but wasn't really sure what it was... I am supposed to call tomorrow to see if anything grew on the culture, in the meantime, he said to wipe the spots with HexaChlorK wipes.
    Does anyone know any other uses for these wipes? Like maybe, can I use them on his nose wrinkle? Any insight welcome!!
    I sure will if I can get a couple good ones if it wasn't demodex it most likely is ringworm since its only a few places you should be able to use an antifungal on them either monistat or something for athletes foot any antifungal.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

These are the best I could do I also took a pic of the dip the vet has him on-img_20130516_122840_476-jpg-img_20130516_123724_927-jpg-img_20130516_123803_298-jpg

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Jennifer, he has it all over, poor guy. I was wondering about him yesterday and didn't have time to stop by and check. Has he had a bath with the LimePlus Dip yet?
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Jennifer, he has it all over, poor guy. I was wondering about him yesterday and didn't have time to stop by and check. Has he had a bath with the LimePlus Dip yet?
    Yes yesterday was his second dose and the vet says he will no longer be contagious but we have two more dippings to do. We use a small weed sprayer to spray him down really good and the dips last longer this way because we are only using what we need of the dip. I still have enough mixed up for the next couple of dippings. Plus I still half a bottle or more left of the dip and I still have some meds from the Demodex last year because of doing it this way.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We are going for the third dipping today he is still scratching unless I give him the benadryl the vet gave me, but over all is feeling better.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I haven't had any experience with this, but I looked up some information on ringworm and copied and pasted itHow to Get Rid of Ringworm in DogsBy Mia Carter, eHow Contributor

Print this article
    Ringworm is a fungus that can affect both humans and dogs. Symptoms of ringworm in dogs include a patch of fur loss, with red, crusty, dry, itchy skin that may have some degree of inflammation. Ringworm can start out as a small lesion and spread to the surrounding skin or other parts of the dog's body or to other pets or human family members. Ringworm is very contagious, and it requires prompt treatment to prevent it from spreading. Have a question? Get an answer from a Vet now!
    Other People Are Reading
    Dog Ringworm Signs & Symptoms How to Get Rid of Ringworm in 2 Days
    Things You'll Need
    Prescription antifungal medication Medicated dog shampoo Bathtub or sink (depending on size of dog) Laundry facilities Laundry detergent Color-safe bleach Vacuum cleaner Steam cleaner
    Instructions
    Get a diagnosis of ringworm from your veterinarian. Similar skin problems in dogs, such as skin parasites, skin allergies or yeast infections, can take on a similar appearance with similar symptoms. A veterinarian must diagnose ringworm before treatment can begin.

Give the dog the prescribed medications for ringworm. Depending on the severity of the dog's ringworm, the veterinarian will prescribe either oral medication and/or medicated ointment/cream. Give the proper dosage at the proper intervals.

Sponsored Links

Mississauga Veterinarian
    House calls. Emergencies. Open 7 days a week. Extended hours.
    www.eglintonhwy10vet.com
    Give the dog a bath using medicated shampoo. The veterinarian's office can supply you with an antifungal medicated shampoo. The fungus spores can live in the dog's fur, making it difficult to eradicate ringworm, particularly in more serious cases. So a medicated shampoo is recommended twice a week for 2 consecutive weeks. The first shampoo should be performed when the dog is started on prescription medication. Most medicated shampoos will need to be left on the dog's skin for about 10 minutes to be effective.

Launder all bedding, dog toys, blankets, dog clothes, collars and other items that the dog has contacted directly. Use a color-safe bleach and detergent to remove fungus spores from the dog's environment. This should be done on the same day that treatment is started and again as the treatment ends, usually 7 to 10 days later.

For severe cases of ringworm, vacuum all carpets in the home on the same day that treatment begins, to remove fungus spores from the environment. If using a vacuum with bags, dispose of the bag at the end of the cleaning. If using a vacuum with a collection bin, empty the contents of the bin in an outdoor trash can and use bleach to disinfect the collection bin.

For severe cases of ringworm, steam clean any furniture items or areas of carpet where the dog sits on a frequent basis. Steam clean the furniture items and carpet on the day that treatment begins and then again at the end of the treatment period (when the round of prescription medication is complete).

Read more: How to Get Rid of Ringworm in Dogs | eHow http://www.ehow.com/how_4841268_rid-...#ixzz2U3moLLD3
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We have done all that I have been vacuuming every day since we were diagnosed with ringworm bless his heart he hates the sprayer and I don't blame him the dip smells bad and he has to stay outside until its dry we put him on the covered porch and he hates it because he isn't with us in the house but the vet said after the second dipping he wouldn't be contagious anymore. We have bleached his kennel cleaned his toys and given him all medication the vet has prescribed. I so appreciate all the information I get. Thank you so much.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    I was able to post a few pics of Sheldon but as of now the places he had have hair growing back we will be doing his fourth and final dipping this week and he has done wonderful. What did the vet say about your fur baby? I have been wondering how he is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads