Allergy Shot Time again

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I was so hoping that Vegas's new food change would do the trick of his redness, itching, and smelling. :pray: Although I do 100% believe it has helped him tremendously when I did the food change a month ago he also got an allergy shot from the vet at the same time. He is due for another shot this Friday and I was hoping not to have to get it, but this week I have noticed redness in his face, itching his feet and face and ODOR again. Hopefully the new Nature's Variety, fresh veggies and yogurt will help to build his immune system so that he won't have to get the shots anymore, but in the mean time it's off to the vet's office Friday for the sake of BOTH of us.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is there not an option of giving him a daily dose of allergy medication rather than the shot? What kind of a shot is it?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], Can you believe this...I NEVER even ask what kind of shot it was, :eek: when I took him in for his anal glands, I told him we were in the process of changing his diet because of the smell, redness, itching ect,,, He came back into the room with a shot and told me it was an allergy shot and would last him a month. It has been exactly a month and this week he is getting red again, smelling, and itching his feet and face. Our Vet did give us antihistamines for him, to use when needed, I gave him one today for his itching. What I know is when he got the shot and started the food change he was GREAT, now he is back to where he was. I myself, have been a mess, our Pollen count here is extremely high, like my car is yellow in the mornings so I do think it is seasonal.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will have to look again to see what I am giving Tidus 2x a day, and I know Tessa also gives meds. Next shot, ask what it is- so you can research it a bit. Anytime you are doing something long term like this, I would check into it, and we will help too!

Some of these shots help your dog so much, but shortens the overall life. The problem is, I don't know which one it is. I am pretty sure it was a steriod. They gave it to baby Sarah 3 times and then would not give anymore to her. She was amazing with it- not without it. They told me they could not continue to give it to her. I argued that even if it did lower her overall life span, at least she lived in peace and was comfortable and not miserable! But this was MANY years ago. Things have probaby changed tremendously since then.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Oh not fun! It most likely is seasonal, I can say that my allergies have been kicking my behind the past few weeks. But I'm in northern Iowa and its crop time! Soooo all the co-ops are running, the combines are chopping and there is corn and soy dust EVERYWHERE. So far I'm blessed that Sadie and Jay's only reaction are slightly bloodshot eyes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.