Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Default Aloe Vera and Lidocaine

Happy Mother's day all.

Got a question. Now that spring is in full bloom here in North Florida and also that Ace every time he is outside must do the belly crawl for a few minutes, he has developed some itchy and red spots on belly, thighs, and scrotum. My question is have any here ever used Aloe Vera and Lidocaine for such issues? I happen to have some on hand for those times when we get a bit sunburned and was thinking of using it on Ace. A quick internet search and I found some pet specific products that contain both of these ingredients for use on dogs for these sorts of problems. Any experience here with its use? I also have some hydrocortisone that I could use as well.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Aloe Vera and Lidocaine

Your not kidding everything here in FL. is in full bloom~! Vegas is a mess too. I give him benedryl and yes I have used the hydrocortisone on him in the past. Never used aloe vera or lidocaine. Also when his belly gets that rash from being out in the grass I wash his belly with anti-bacterial soap, rinse and dry it.
    Last edited by KMARINO; 05-12-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

I do basically the same. Gave him some antihistamine this morning and when he comes in from outside try to wipe his undercarriage down with a warm damp washcloth. I did apply some of the aloe vera and lidocaine just a short while ago. He certainly didn't mind it, now we will see how it goes

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

hi...when I purchased Forde from the breeder, she gave me a few tips of things to use for this and that.....one of the tips was when you take him outside and his tummy and legs get a rash on it from being so low to the ground and rubbing on the grass etc, keep listerine ( regular basic not the different flavors, I also buy the store brand) in a spray bottle, when you bring him in if he starts breaking out in the rash , spray him with the listerine.....forde gets this alot due to him wanting to play in the grass....the listerine makes the rash dissapear in NO time...it's wonderful......

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by glenna View Post
    hi...when I purchased Forde from the breeder, she gave me a few tips of things to use for this and that.....one of the tips was when you take him outside and his tummy and legs get a rash on it from being so low to the ground and rubbing on the grass etc, keep listerine ( regular basic not the different flavors, I also buy the store brand) in a spray bottle, when you bring him in if he starts breaking out in the rash , spray him with the listerine.....forde gets this alot due to him wanting to play in the grass....the listerine makes the rash dissapear in NO time...it's wonderful......
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Remove Ads