Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Happy Mother's day all.

Got a question. Now that spring is in full bloom here in North Florida and also that Ace every time he is outside must do the belly crawl for a few minutes, he has developed some itchy and red spots on belly, thighs, and scrotum. My question is have any here ever used Aloe Vera and Lidocaine for such issues? I happen to have some on hand for those times when we get a bit sunburned and was thinking of using it on Ace. A quick internet search and I found some pet specific products that contain both of these ingredients for use on dogs for these sorts of problems. Any experience here with its use? I also have some hydrocortisone that I could use as well.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Your not kidding everything here in FL. is in full bloom~! Vegas is a mess too. I give him benedryl and yes I have used the hydrocortisone on him in the past. Never used aloe vera or lidocaine. Also when his belly gets that rash from being out in the grass I wash his belly with anti-bacterial soap, rinse and dry it.

Last edited:
OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I do basically the same. Gave him some antihistamine this morning and when he comes in from outside try to wipe his undercarriage down with a warm damp washcloth. I did apply some of the aloe vera and lidocaine just a short while ago. He certainly didn't mind it, now we will see how it goes

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi...when I purchased Forde from the breeder, she gave me a few tips of things to use for this and that.....one of the tips was when you take him outside and his tummy and legs get a rash on it from being so low to the ground and rubbing on the grass etc, keep listerine ( regular basic not the different flavors, I also buy the store brand) in a spray bottle, when you bring him in if he starts breaking out in the rash , spray him with the listerine.....forde gets this alot due to him wanting to play in the grass....the listerine makes the rash dissapear in NO time...it's wonderful......:)

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
hi...when I purchased Forde from the breeder, she gave me a few tips of things to use for this and that.....one of the tips was when you take him outside and his tummy and legs get a rash on it from being so low to the ground and rubbing on the grass etc, keep listerine ( regular basic not the different flavors, I also buy the store brand) in a spray bottle, when you bring him in if he starts breaking out in the rash , spray him with the listerine.....forde gets this alot due to him wanting to play in the grass....the listerine makes the rash dissapear in NO time...it's wonderful......:)
Thanks for the suggestion.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.