What next????

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So after having Daddy on antibiotics for a week, we sent in the next poop sample to find out if it was all clear. It came back negative but we still have to do another one in a couple of months to make sure. HOWEVER ... it came back positive for another parasite this time .... coccidia!! :down: So we're back on the meds again!! At least this one is a lot less contagious so we only have to treat Daddy and not all the other dogs too!!

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow to have giardia and coccidia may mean they did not treat them as young pups. Kinda weird.

Coccidia is easily treated- what did they give you for that?

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] We're assuming this was all caught from the puppy mill that he was rescued from ... he wasn't at the rescue for too long but they did give him his first set of vaccinations and de-wormed him etc ...

They've given us Albon Liquid ..... doesn't say what it is but I know it just cost us another $50! :*(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well the good news is your pup will LOVE it. So you won't have any problems giving it to him. How many days are you going to give it? I think for my pups I did it when they were 10 days old, and we went for 10 days on and 3 days off, then 10 days on again. Not certain but it was way more than a week!

Yep, more than likely all of this is from the puppy mill no doubt!

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Yep you were right about him liking the new meds ..... certainly did gobble it down last night!! We have enough for about 10 days and then we take in another stool sample for them to look at!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
o no, good thing yall dont have to treat the other dogs with this one

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
o no, good thing yall dont have to treat the other dogs with this one

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, there's not much chance of me catching this one!!! :up:

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
YIKES!!! Idk why they didnt treat him for both? You can usually treat both with ALbon or Marquis and $50 thats ALOT. My vet before he retired:( would give me a bottle for $20 just incase they ever got sick since we had a pond.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Oh no! Hopefully you guys are out of the woods soon and on the happy road to recovery!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
It's my understanding that coccidia is brought on by stress. If he was at a puppy mill and then a rescue and now you have him, he's been thru lots of changes. Albon is GREAT stuff! Hope he's feeling better soon.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] I didn't know it could be brought on by stress! Interesting!!

Here's a picture of him today de-stressing with Maggie .... :heart:

reversal.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.