My 6 year old male is having some teeth extracted tomorrow and I am a nervous wreck

Heroesvoice

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Last week when doing a run through of his whole body I noticed that one of his teeth was extremely decayed despite that I brush his teeth 3 time a week. I couldn't believe how decayed it was. At first I thought it might have been a piece of food but I touched it and it was decayed. I brought him in right away to our local SPCA Hospital and so tomorrow he'll be having several teeth removed. I have heard horror stories where doctors dropped the ball and the dog ended up dead. I know the anesthesia can be an issue but I've been assured by the doctor everything should go fine. I have taken away his food already and right now he's fast asleep in bed with me. I am so worried that I won't be able to sleep tonight. Can anyone tell me something to help me ease my anxiety

thank you

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Last week when doing a run through of his whole body I noticed that one of his teeth was extremely decayed despite that I brush his teeth 3 time a week. I couldn't believe how decayed it was. At first I thought it might have been a piece of food but I touched it and it was decayed. I brought him in right away to our local SPCA Hospital and so tomorrow he'll be having several teeth removed. I have heard horror stories where doctors dropped the ball and the dog ended up dead. I know the anesthesia can be an issue but I've been assured by the doctor everything should go fine. I have taken away his food already and right now he's fast asleep in bed with me. I am so worried that I won't be able to sleep tonight. Can anyone tell me something to help me ease my anxiety

thank you

Lola has to get a tooth extracted on Tuesday, i know your anxiety. she cracked hers on an antler or one of those huge nylabones. don't worry about the anesthesia, just make sure they use isofluorane gas. easy under and easy quick recovery. I'm actually relieved Lola is going in because she will have her palate looked at and nipped if needed as well. she's not been able to breathe twice and i just want her to live a long time! keep in touch here and we will keep you company! hugs

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hang in there and take a deep breath. This is a scary thing when they get put under that's for sure. Bad things can happen and you have reason for concern anytime they go under anesthesia. To make you feel better, I have adopted a shelter senior (pick her up tomorrow) and she's 7. Last month she was spayed, had several teeth extracted and had eye surgery on both eyes (Entropian) by the shelter vet.

Will be thinking of your guy. Please keep up updated :hug:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm sure you are worried, I would be too. But it's something that don't want him to suffer with. Still, there's always a risk when going under anesthesia

But, I want to welcome you to the site :smileywelcome: please let us know how Buddy is doing at the end of the day. God Bless

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
First off -- :welcome3: to EBN!!

By now, your Buddy has been in for the procedure.... Praying all wnet well. Please keep us posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.