First signs of cherry eye?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
This morning I noticed that Stig has this small mass on the inner corner of his right eye. After googling what cherry eye is and looking at the images, Stig's isn't as big and isn't red, his is more white in colour. Is this the first sign of a cherry eye? I'm thinking it's bothering him a little because he was doing this motion this morning where it looked like he was trying to scratch it but couldn't reach because of his short arms. :*(

Hopefully it'll disappear when I check him again after work.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Sounds like it! This happens when Laya when she plays rough or rubs her face to much (as has horrible allergies) It usually goes away on its own, but if not you can actually masssage it back into place. Its easy and doesnt hurt them at all. I'm sure there is probably a video here on EBN or you can find it on YouTube also.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Yep, that is the first sign of Cherry Eye. My Vet was so good...he suggested I wait a week or two before having the surgery. He said that usually the other eye will get it too not long after. He was right...a week and a half later Bertie's other eye did it. At least because of his suggestion, she only had to be put out once.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
OOO NNOOOO sorry to hear that good thing stiggy has good parents that caught it early!!!

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
No I didn't need to. When I got home that evening from work his eye was back to normal. I think it only happens when he wakes up from long naps or his evening sleep because I also noticed it on Sunday afternoon. But it eventually went away. But we're going to the vet today for a different reason -- an ear infection (I think)! :*(

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
This happens to Lola all the time. When she scratches her face or rubs it on the carpet, it pops out. I just massage it a bit and it goes back in.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Wonderful that his eye is better!! Hopefully no infection, poor stiggy. Is he doing well at daycare?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella has very droopy eye lids. When real tired it droops to where you can see her lining, I too once thought OH NO CHERRY EYE, but it never advanced any more. Sometimes it doesnt' droop and at others it still will get droopy and show.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.