C

californiarufio

Apr 3, 2013
Southern California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufio
Thank you for all the information guys. His favorite chew toys were some plastic rings and I really noticed the bumps once he was given some plastic keys to chew on. It still doesn't look like its too much better but definitely not getting worse. He was not eating out of stainless steel bowls butI switched him to steel bowls immediately after I noticed the bumps. Do you guys have any idea how long it usually takes for the bumps to clear up?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well if it is a fungal infection it can take a while to clear up. like athletes foot and such. if you want to put powder on it i would use a fungal powder like lotrimin. was it the keys or how long have you been feeding the food you are feeding. does he smell the grass or flowers and such. seems to be localized around the face area. apple cidar vinegar is good in the water to help the immune system and yeast or fungus. get the kind that says mother on it if you can and just a small capful in his water. if you think its allergies then you could try some benadryl 1 pill per 25lb. keep us updated on his condition.

OP
C

californiarufio

Apr 3, 2013
Southern California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufio
The inflammation doesnt seem as bad when i use the baby powder. I think it keeps the areas dryer which helps it heal. Maybe i should try the lotrimin since its anti fungal. We have been feeding him Nature's Variety lamb since weve had him. The breeder was feeding him the same thing. I think i first noticed the bumps when we let him play with an older bulldog....maybe she had something his immune system couldnt fight yet. He had some bumps on his neck which have cleared up. Now the bumps are only where food touches his face which makes me question if i should try new food. At what point should we try to change his food? Thanks for all the help!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online