Thread: Infection on bulldog's face.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Infection on bulldog's face.

Good advice so far. I agree with the stainless steel bowl. If it doesn't clear up with the other and he keeps opening them, you could try an antibiotic ointment.

One thing to mention, when Aubie had demodex, the first thing that popped up was bumps on her chin. She got the bumps first, then a couple small spots of hair loss which eventually turned into a huge outbreak on her neck. When we got on the right medicine for the demodex, her bumps went away. We had always thought it was allergies, puppy acne, or from rubbing her face on the floor and ground, but it turns out it was part of the demodex. Who knew?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We call this the bully 5000 at our house. He does this when he's basically throwing a tempertantrum. He does laps around the living room furniture.

yup! And it takes two humans to corner him! But WE always win!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    You want to know what a baby Jake is?? If he sees me going to the cabinet where I keep the wipes..he starts running laps. Full on running! I switched from Maloket to Duoxo because they don't smell near as strong...but he doesn't seem too impressed!
    Nitschke did the same thing.... hated his face being wipes with anything.... laps were done even with ear cleanings too
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Christopher
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufio
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all the information guys. His favorite chew toys were some plastic rings and I really noticed the bumps once he was given some plastic keys to chew on. It still doesn't look like its too much better but definitely not getting worse. He was not eating out of stainless steel bowls butI switched him to steel bowls immediately after I noticed the bumps. Do you guys have any idea how long it usually takes for the bumps to clear up?

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well if it is a fungal infection it can take a while to clear up. like athletes foot and such. if you want to put powder on it i would use a fungal powder like lotrimin. was it the keys or how long have you been feeding the food you are feeding. does he smell the grass or flowers and such. seems to be localized around the face area. apple cidar vinegar is good in the water to help the immune system and yeast or fungus. get the kind that says mother on it if you can and just a small capful in his water. if you think its allergies then you could try some benadryl 1 pill per 25lb. keep us updated on his condition.

Real Name
    Christopher
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufio
    Likes (Received)

The inflammation doesnt seem as bad when i use the baby powder. I think it keeps the areas dryer which helps it heal. Maybe i should try the lotrimin since its anti fungal. We have been feeding him Nature's Variety lamb since weve had him. The breeder was feeding him the same thing. I think i first noticed the bumps when we let him play with an older bulldog....maybe she had something his immune system couldnt fight yet. He had some bumps on his neck which have cleared up. Now the bumps are only where food touches his face which makes me question if i should try new food. At what point should we try to change his food? Thanks for all the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads