possible kennel cough

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
So chunk has had a runny nose and has light coughing he is still eating and drink water just fine I just moved to San Antonio and have not found a vet just yet was wondering what I could do to help him while I find a vet any home remedies? Again based of what I have been reading it seems like its a light case of kennel cough but not sure.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
So chunk has had a runny nose and has light coughing he is still eating and drink water just fine I just moved to San Antonio and have not found a vet just yet was wondering what I could do to help him while I find a vet any home remedies? Again based of what I have been reading it seems like its a light case of kennel cough but not sure.

A canine flu masking as kennel cough had been going around that was worse than kennel cough. Take his temperature first, check the color of the gums. give some zinc and vitamin c encourage to drink lots of water, and keep him calm and rested for a few days. If he starts to rattle on his chest and have a bad cough, get to the vet. also in case it's allergies try Benadryl , 25mg per 25 lbs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Are any of these vets near you.... they are all recommendations from members here

Animal Health & Medical Center
Dr. Allen J. Bolt
Abilene, TX 79608
325-695-7140

Radford Hills Animal Clinic
Dr. Mark Leavell
Abilene, TX
325-672-3090

Brittmore Animal Hospital
Dr. Matt Dikeman or Dr. Kit Kampschmidt
Houston, Texas
713-468-8253

Dr. Kirk Esmond
Josey Ranch Pet Hospital
2150 North Josey Lane, Ste 106
Carrollton, Texas 75006

Critter Care Animal Hospital
Amna Plummer, DVM
13040 Dairy Ashford
Sugar Land, TX 77478
281-494-7700
www.crittercareonline.com

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would watch him and certainly get him to the vets ASAP if he gets worse o doesn't improve in next couple of days!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
If it's kennel cough, he needs to go to a vet ASAP. My bully got kennel cough, which didn't seem to bad at first and I wasn't sure what it was. Within a day, his condition got much worse and the congestion nearly caused a case of pneumonia, which is very serious given the bulldog's already difficult breathing. So, in this case, kennel cough definitely cannot be taken lightly and you will need a round of antibiotics to clear it up - then your bully should be as good as new.

Also, as a side note, it's incredibly contagious to other animals so make sure you keep a close eye on any brothers or sisters!

Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.