Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Inter-digital Cysts. . . .

Our Lucy used to get them until we switched her food to FROMM and she has not not had one since.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

just realized you are in NJ we go to Dr. Dan Morris at the Penn Vet hospital.. ( he is awesome and came highly recommended) we had both allergy test done and they were not nearly as expensive as I thought they would be.. We paid around $300 for both.. AND he works with bulldogs.. he had two techs help them so they don't have to be put to sleep.. Duke LOVES him..

http://www.vet.upenn.edu/FacultyandD...lty_id=6427802

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I know you've been having a lot of problems with Maximus ... did you get an allergy test done?

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Hi,
    Thanks for all the input. No, I haven't had allergy testing done right now because I am unemployed and finances are at a real minimum, so that will have to wait.
    As for diet - Maximus is on a Raw Diet - INSTINCT RAW FROZEN medallions. And he loves it. He is also on the INSTINCT LID dry kibble. Potatoes were the culprit
    for Max, so I had to eliminate all dog foods that had any potatoes.

Ok, I will do the Epsom Salt soaks. I Hope I have the strength to carry him up the stairs -- he is 72-lbs. He doesn't do stairs!

Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted .

- PATRICK

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Hi, Thanks for all the input. No, I haven't had allergy testing done right now because I am unemployed and finances are at a real minimum, so that will have to wait.
    As for diet - Maximus is on a Raw Diet - INSTINCT RAW FROZEN medallions. And he loves it. He is also on the INSTINCT LID dry kibble. Potatoes were the culprit
    for Max, so I had to eliminate all dog foods that had any potatoes. Ok, I will do the Epsom Salt soaks. I Hope I have the strength to carry him up the stairs -- he is 72-lbs. He doesn't do stairs! Thanks
    @Maximus... you do not have to do this in a tub... do you have a dish pan or a small container that can cover two paws at once? That is what we do, I bought a dish pan that we use just for this for just the reason you state... carrying 60lbs up a flight of stairs is tough on the back. Also, are you by chance feeding chicken? It tends to be a allergen with bullies --my Banks is highly allergic.

Sorry about your loss of employment -- I hope you are able to find something soon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Hi -
    Thank you for all of your support and suggestions. I have actually tried the dish pan thing, on the kitchen floor, but it is a tile floor, and Max (and the dish pan) went whoooooooshing across the floor and saturated the floor with water all over the place. So, I figured the best place for this treatment was the bathtub.

As for food, No, Maximus does not get Chicken. He is on INSTINCT RAW FROZEN DIET - and I alternate between BISON and VENISON formula, and the dry kibble I give him is INSTINCT LID DIET, Lamb Meal.

Again, Thank you for your kind words of support and concern ....

- PATRICK

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Tiffany B's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rollie and Cash
    Likes (Received)

Rollie gets those occasionally,too. The vet told me to clean it with peroxide and then put neosporin on it. He hates me touching it, so I put the peroxide in a spray bottle, while he is sleeping I spray the paw, then use a q-tip to apply the neosporin. Good luck!! Hope he gets better

Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany B View Post
    Rollie gets those occasionally,too. The vet told me to clean it with peroxide and then put neosporin on it. He hates me touching it, so I put the peroxide in a spray bottle, while he is sleeping I spray the paw, then use a q-tip to apply the neosporin. Good luck!! Hope he gets better
    Hey Tiffany, thanks for the reply and recommendation. Can you tell me if the treatment works ???? Max has interdigital cysts on both front paws and rear paws.
    Some are worse than others. Let me know ..... Thanks again !

- PATRICK

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Tiffany B's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rollie and Cash
    Likes (Received)

Yes they have went away about after 2-3 days, but you have to apply med. a couple times a day.
    Last edited by Tiffany B; 12-28-2011 at 06:30 AM.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I've not had this problem but sure appreciate all the feedback here for Maximus, should an interdigital cyst occur at Castle Vicaroo.

@Maximus - how's your boy doing? Of course, we all hope he's getting better! Poor baby!

Bulldog(s) Names
    UGA and Bella
    Likes (Received)

Have we soaked his feet yet? Epsom salts have worked wonders for us. UGA would get cysts, usually the same spots, and I soak him in the tub with Epsom salts. Don't be stingy, I buy the 1 or 2 lb bag from Walmart & use a 1/4 to 1/3 of the bag per soak. Warm water 10 minutes minimum, once a day and they usual begin to heal within a day or two.

Interesting post earlier asking about carpet shampoo. We had our carpet ripped out 6 months ago and put down hardwood and he hasn't had any cysts since. I was shampooing the carpets at least every 4-6 weeks because somebody was too lazy to walk to the door when he had to pee . Too soon to tell for sure but something to keep in mind.

Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your concern and kindness ....... Unfortunately, I have not yet begun the Epsom Salts Soaks for his Interdigital cysts ...I am suffering right now with a very bad back situation, am in the middle of seeing a Pain Management Physician, and am unable to get Maximus up the stairs to the second floor bathroom so I can get him in the Tub to soak his interdigital cysts ..... so I'm gonna have to get some help from some friends after the New Year to help me with this so I can soak his cysts.
    I'll keep everyone updated, and Thank you again for your concern ----

BTW , Maximus will be 2-Years Old tomorrow, New Years Day ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAXIMUS !!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads