Great article about Yeast... excellent read

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
haha when I first started reading it I was like OH Dr. Becky ( [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] ) ................the wheels on the bus go round and round........

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Very helpful article. Finn has been an itchy-monster lately and all the foods mentioned in the article that can contribute to yeast, well, he eats all that! I'm going to try to eliminate most of what was mentioned but it's hard to do w/the home cooking recipes I'm making him. What kind of substitute can i give him for the white rice/potatoes/sweet potatoes that is the base for his meals? Any suggestions? Should i just go with a grain free kibble for him? And as far as garlic in the food...i thought garlic was toxic to dogs, but maybe she's just talking about tiny amts?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
haha when I first started reading it I was like OH Dr. Becky ( @JAKEISGREAT ) ................the wheels on the bus go round and round........

Round and round..the wheels on the bus go round and round....All thru the town! :eek:

Very helpful article. Finn has been an itchy-monster lately and all the foods mentioned in the article that can contribute to yeast, well, he eats all that! I'm going to try to eliminate most of what was mentioned but it's hard to do w/the home cooking recipes I'm making him. What kind of substitute can i give him for the white rice/potatoes/sweet potatoes that is the base for his meals? Any suggestions? Should i just go with a grain free kibble for him? And as far as garlic in the food...i thought garlic was toxic to dogs, but maybe she's just talking about tiny amts?

Yes, garlic in limited amount is fine... toxic, I think is like a whole bulb or something large like that.
Sweet potato... should be OK in moderate amounts but white potato is definitly and issue.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], great article, thanks for sharing.

Most Reactions