OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well i never gave lex any melatonin, we just stuck to what the vet gave us. over the last couple days it looked like lex was improving so I took lex to the park yesterday and noticed he was limping really bad :( so we ended up going to petsmart "lex rode in the basket" and bo pulled us lol.... i have a gut feeling that its something worse than a sprain or bruise :*(. today will be a week since it happend and if he is still limping when i get home from work and tom morning i'll probably be making a appointment at the vet..

lex will take his last rimadyl today is a week to soon to tell, or should we wait a few more days?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
There are "calming" pills out there for dogs, I have never looked into what they have in them, but you can purchase them at any major pet store. Those might help keep him quiet after the pain has gone for a good healing!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think the vet might tell you that you need to keep him quiet for a few weeks. No playing, running, jumping...stairs, etc. If you think about it human wise...it takes us more than a few weeks to recover.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well jeff said today that he is just doing his bulldog strut which means " he's still limping" ill have to look at him when i get home and see what he is really doing!!!! we have been looking at it from a humans point just figured a week he would start to show some good sign that its feeling better. yesterday was really bad, guess the saying it gets worse before it gets better. so ill say if not better by wed i'll take him in... should i call the vet and see what a good relaxing aid is??? the bad thing about our house is you we have a big step up from outside to den, then another step going into kitchen so we've been trying to help him up and down so not alot of weight gets put on it.. the thing we really need is a relaxer for him cause once he feels good he starts rolling running etc and we have to stop him... poor thing is going stir crazy!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online