Help Needed! In less than 2 hours. This has happened

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We had a Frenchy who this happened to once, they all broke out in a matter of hours late late on a Sunday night. Took him to emergency because it scared me so bad and they gave him that injection. They went away pretty quick after that and the emergency vet said that he had a terrible reaction to a bug bite.

The real scare about it is if it's inside the throat it will mess with breathing like David said to watch real close. I hope she's ok.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We had a Frenchy who this happened to once, they all broke out in a matter of hours late late on a Sunday night. Took him to emergency because it scared me so bad and they gave him that injection. They went away pretty quick after that and the emergency vet said that he had a terrible reaction to a bug bite.

The real scare about it is if it's inside the throat it will mess with breathing like David said to watch real close. I hope she's ok.

And if it's like people...the next time will be a worse reaction.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are not as pronounced as yesterday, but have not gone down completely. She is leash walked, so I would have known about ants. It is so weird, there are a couple that have festered up. Might be from her scratching them. I gave her benedryl again at breakfast. she is real groggy, I am sure because of the benedryl. I would think that they itch, but she isn't going crazy. Poor girl, she looks so sad.

any new bushes or tress around the new apartment that she was not exposed to before..... Banks is allergic to adler tress and just brushing up against it, she turns into a big HIVE

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oh no! Poor Bella! My parents dog had something like this happen to their dog after she got stung by a bee and had a bad reaction. :( She had lumps all over but they did clear up after a trip to the vet without any issues.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
any new bushes or tress around the new apartment that she was not exposed to before..... Banks is allergic to adler tress and just brushing up against it, she turns into a big HIVE

I am sure there are, but not sure which. There are also lots of plants we did have. And now to figure out which one. YIKES.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.