Help Needed! In less than 2 hours. This has happened

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367803869.232594.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367803884.210849.jpg

I have not changed a thing. We moved but we have been here over a week? They are all over her. I am going to try giving her Benedryl. Could this be a reaction to last weeks Rabies shot?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
How scary. Fire ants anywhere in the neighborhood perhaps??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Definitely give her some Benedryl and watch her breathing closely. There is no telling what she got into, like LariP said it could be ant bites.

Lalabangbang

Apr 9, 2013
Fort Pierce,fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Booty Trudy
Oh no :-( our English mastiff had hives all over like that once when she was a puppy. Vet ended up having to give her a injection of benedryl and we had to continue doses for a few days after till it all went away. We have no clue what started it and she never had it happen again. It was super scary looking!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh man! That's awful...definitely Benadryl....I'm thinking if they don't go down, she may need an injection. If you have corn starch..you can make a paste with water..helps to draw out venom if it were bites.

fosteroni

Feb 24, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Foster (3); Harley (2002 - 2010)
Does she look like she's in pain or uncomfortable in any way? Is the Benadryl working yet? So scary! Was she exploring any "new" area of your home, since you just moved? Perhaps she got into some cleaning supplies... just brainstorming here.

Please keep us updated!
You're in my thoughts!!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Oh wow! If she was outside then definitely do some pest control of the new yard, no telling what's out there and if it happened outside so couldn't hurt. Prayers she gets better quick.

BulldogMoma

Apr 15, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Morgan (born 5-28-2013) Clyde (2004-2012)
In addition to the benadryl, I would dedinitely take off her collar in case of swelling. I would check your entire yard for ant beds, etc. Poor baby... hope she feels better.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Please take her to the vet immediately! Hard to know what it is---best to have a professional look at it.

Please keep us updated!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Leslie..... how is Bella today? Any change?

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
They are not as pronounced as yesterday, but have not gone down completely. She is leash walked, so I would have known about ants. It is so weird, there are a couple that have festered up. Might be from her scratching them. I gave her benedryl again at breakfast. she is real groggy, I am sure because of the benedryl. I would think that they itch, but she isn't going crazy. Poor girl, she looks so sad.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.