My Bulldog Sure Knows How To Worry Me!

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Tonight every time Debo would breath in, he would throw up, so I thought he was choking to death! So I reached down his throat and & I pulled out foam & blood! Then I flipped him upside down & tried to do the Heimlich maneuver, that didn't work either. So I rushed him to the ER, going 80 mph, in a 40 mph zone, running red lights, shaking like a leaf, & almost giving myself an asthma attack because I thought he was going to die! It turns out he has Bronchitis, those bulldog coughs are scary! He has been coughing a little bit lately, but I disregarded taking him to the Vet again, because I thought it was just allergies! I learned my lesson! :nope:

Last edited:
OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Another lesson I learned is to keep my Emergency Vet's number & address handy, because I had to look it up, & that would have taken way too long if he really was choking to death! :cry:

And, I took him in for a cough about two months ago & the Vet gave him antibiotics that made him throw up,:barf: so I didn't give them to him as prescribed, I would give him one, one day, & two the next, then skip a day. I'm so stupid! I will never do that again! Lesson learned! :wallbang:

Last edited:
OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I also found out he has Megaesophagus.

Last edited:

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I hope Debo is starting to feel better and has a quick recovery.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Thank you!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How is Debo today..... and, how are you doing? I am sure sleep was not easy last night?

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
I hope he is doing better too!
what did the vet say about megaesphogus? Is there any help for that?

xo!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
You r not stupid! Imagine had he been choking and you assumed he wasn't? Always best to be wrong on this side of it. Have to say this did make me laugh a little tho. Picturing all this and debo mst have been thinking "what the heck is going on here? "

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yup, these bullies sure can get us all stressed out and anxious! It would be fine one minute and then all worry like the next!

How's your baby doing today? And how's his mama too? Hope everything can be fixed in a jiffy. And what's a mega esophagus?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Another lesson I learned is to keep my Emergency Vet's number & address handy, because I had to look it up, & that would have taken way too long if he really was choking to death! :cry:

And, I took him in for a cough about two months ago & the Vet gave him antibiotics that made him throw up,:barf: so I didn't give them to him as prescribed, I would give him one, one day, & two the next, then skip a day. I'm so stupid! I will never do that again! Lesson learned! :wallbang:

Emily, I personally would have been worried had you not done what you did. These pets are like infants, they can't talk, they can't say they hurt, and it's up to you to figure out how to get the message of whats wrong…. Had you not rushed him to the Vet like you did, I'd been more worried about Debo being with the right parent. Like said before, your error was on the side of caution. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. He's surely fortunate to have you!

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Momma2Bullies, I'm taking him to his regular Vet on Tuesday & I'll make sure to ask about that, all this ER Vet said about the Megaesophagus, is that it can cause aspiration, which can cause pneumonia. He has had a previous history of pneumonia.

Cali-Jenn, haha! He probably was thinking that! I think he knew I was trying to help him though too.

Last edited:
OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Everyone here is so sweet! Thank you!
Debo seems good, he is still asleep! That was traumatizing!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy it turned out well. They can scare us at times, and as others have said, it's always better to be safe then sorry.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Yes, thanks, David!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I missed this thread! So glad you ran him in (and didn't get a ticket!). We all learn from each other and our mishaps just be glad when the time came you knew. Hope he's feeling better!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.