Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struvite Crystals

Real Name
    Southern California
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Struvite Crystals

@Twice.... @RiiSi

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Miina and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I can't give any better advice than what is in dogaware. This following is from that article of Stuvite stones...

"Struvite crystals do not require a change in diet. Because struvite crystals do not pose a problem unless the dog has a urinary tract infection, there is no required treatment for crystals, including dietary changes. If the dog does have a urinary tract infection, a prescription dog food will not cure it.
    If your veterinarian finds struvite crystals in the urine and suggests a diet change , you'd be well advised to find a new vet. You have to wonder how many other things he or she is misinformed about. It isn't just a case of not keeping up with newer research; this recommendation is just plain wrong."

I know how hard it is to go against your vets recommendations, but sometimes you just have to, to do what's best for your bully.
    Been there and still am.
    I pm you the link straight to the right page.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Risi! At the time she did have a UTI but finished the antibiotic today. I have a few cans of the food left and will feed it to her but other than that, I'm not gonna fool with any special food. I had seen that previously but was hesitant to stop the diet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads