Help Needed! Fergie being sick......

Fergie2012

Apr 16, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
twice in the last few days Fergie has been sick on the floor and the sick contained a waxy like substance, it almost looks like hard boiled egg but has a wax like consistency. At first I started to search the house for what it could be, thinking that he had eaten something he shouldn't have but I can't find anything that it could be.

I have researched and found suggestions that it could be bile but this morning it was the size of a kidney bean and when I broke it in half it was like candle wax.
My thought is that it has to be something he has eaten but I can not find any evidence of what it could be or where he has got it from.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen or do you think it is it definitely something he has eaten from somewhere?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] = Tagging Becky as she has the most EXTENSIVE experience with Hoover Hounds!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I have no idea! Please do let us know if you find out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Here's my thoughts: Must be wax because what else could their stomachs turn something in to. Does that make sense? Could there be a small candle he could've gotten a hold of? I know you said you've searched the house but sometimes in our frantic state of mind we miss things. I'd keep it in a baggie incase you have to take him to the vet.

Is he acting differently?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If its bile..that is most often more than 6-8 hours AFTER eating..and most often in the wee hours of the morning. Jake has had this when his tummy was too empty. I fixed it by giving him a rice cake before bed.

But..there has never been a waxy substance, or even anything hard in this.

If there is actually a firm object..even what you describe, I would lean towards him having eaten something. It can take weeks to start to show up. I wish I could tell you..but knowing Jake...there is no way to be 100% sure he didn't swallow something. Even in 30 seconds outside...they find things! Please let us know...but I would do as Carmin said..save that next time and go to the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No idea, but am interested in what it is when you do, hopefully, find out.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
No idea what it could be too. Hopefully you'll figure it out quick. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

OP
Fergie2012

Fergie2012

Apr 16, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
I am taking it to the vet on Tuesday, Fergie hasn't been sick since so I am still baffled as to what it could be. Like I said, I was sure he must have swallowed something but he brought up the same substance twice 48 hours apart. Surely it would have all come up together?

Even though it does have a wax like texture it is not a candle and I can not for the life of me identify it. Anyway, if it doesn't happen again then must be something he has eaten and I will just have to keep a better eye on him.

Best Regards,
Mark.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.