Help Needed! Coughing and hacking

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Both if my bully babies are coughing and hacking like crazy... However they act fine. Paisley has woken up during the night coughing. Zeus started last night and again this morning.
The weather has been all over the place here and wondering if they may have a cold. Anything I can give them?
Thanks in advance.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367588242.932078.jpg
Proof they act fine because they don't stop playing.

L

Lucy-licious

Sounds like kennel cough initially.....does it sound like they are rying to clear their throat?
Only thing to get rid of it is antibiotics....call the vet and explain the symptoms.
Over here they ask you to pick up a prescription to save you taking them in and risking other dogs picking it up xx

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Sounds like kennel cough initially.....does it sound like they are rying to clear their throat?
Only thing to get rid of it is antibiotics....call the vet and explain the symptoms.
Over here they ask you to pick up a prescription to save you taking them in and risking other dogs picking it up xx

Yes and no? If that makes sense. But I will call the vet and ask about it.
Thank you

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be allergies too. Try some benadryl

^^^ that is what I was thinking... is it all the time or certain times of the day (dusk, night, dawn?)

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
^^^ that is what I was thinking... is it all the time or certain times of the day (dusk, night, dawn?)

Seems to be happening more in the evening after they have spent some time outside playing.
That's why I think it's allergies. Paisley is going to the vet tomorrow. Her last owners never had her checked for heart worms. And as many times as she has been since I've had her they haven't done it. >this is me irritated<
Any specific kind of allergy meds? Baby or adult?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Seems to be happening more in the evening after they have spent some time outside playing.
That's why I think it's allergies. Paisley is going to the vet tomorrow. Her last owners never had her checked for heart worms. And as many times as she has been since I've had her they haven't done it. >this is me irritated< Any specific kind of allergy meds? Baby or adult?

Have not tested for heartworm... strange, why wouldn't they? Do you have copies of previous vet records fro prior owner? Was it done by them before you adopted?

I use Benedryl (adult - store brand) 1mg per pound of Bully up to 3x a day. My girl is 60lbs an I give her 50mg twice a day. Her allergies are basically everything green, but dusk really kicks her butt

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Have not tested for heartworm... strange, why wouldn't they? Do you have copies of previous vet records fro prior owner? Was it done by them before you adopted?

I use Benedryl (adult - store brand) 1mg per pound of Bully up to 3x a day. My girl is 60lbs an I give her 50mg twice a day. Her allergies are basically everything green, but dusk really kicks her butt

They sure didn't. That's how I discovered it. When I adopted her I went to the vet and had all of her record printed. I have been so busy and just sat down and started creating her "notebook" Thursday and that's web I noticed. I called the vet immediately and she is going Monday. She's had a dose of heartworm pills and was ok no vomiting or anything.
I was so mad

Hooch

May 7, 2013
Delaware
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
hooch
This caught my eye about your dogs and coughing. I just found out today that my dog has pneumonia, started as a cough, nasal discharge only after coughing then was thin white discharge. No other symptoms...my english bulldog is 2 1/2 and this is the second time he has had pneumonia.

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
This caught my eye about your dogs and coughing. I just found out today that my dog has pneumonia, started as a cough, nasal discharge only after coughing then was thin white discharge. No other symptoms...my english bulldog is 2 1/2 and this is the second time he has had pneumonia.

Thank you so much for the heads up. It looks as if they have stopped but I will keep an eye on them

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.