Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swollen face, eyes, spots, and fever!!

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Louie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Swollen face, eyes, spots, and fever!!

that's exactly how Lou's face looked.. I'll definitely keep at it with the Benadryl.. his hives have significantly gone down now that I bathed him in oatmeal! Hopefully he will be able to sleep tonight he still has some pink on his face but not anything compared to early and yesterday.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louie89 View Post
    UPDATE. After picking him up from the vet yesterday he seemed a lot more better! He was definitely worn out from the experience.. but at 3am just like @2BullyMama he woke up scratching all over chewing on his paws and ramming his big o'l head into the pillow case.. he broke out in hives his cheeks tough and red. i've never felt so helpless! out of nowhere! I stayed up with him the whole night I knew he wasn't in any danger because his temperature was fine and he was breathing normally so i just waited till the morning.. they gave him a shot of Benadryl and they gave me oatmeal shampoo.. he seems fine now still has the hives and redish face I just don't know what to do for him anymore..
    Well.. thinking positive .. you can rule out the watermelon!!!

Could it be environmental do you think? All the cherry blossoms are out here right now and I for one, am suffering like crazy. As I know a lot of our bullies are!!

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Louie
    Likes (Received)

Day 3.. he has now begun to throw up his food.. he threw up his breakfast and dinner.. he still has some hives bumbs on his legs and belly and i noticed a tough scabby looking thing by his rib which i presume to be a hot spot.. his face and breathing are normal, it might be that the daily doses of benedryl might be making him bring his food up.. gah.. I just want him to be back to normal :l

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louie89 View Post
    Day 3.. he has now begun to throw up his food.. he threw up his breakfast and dinner.. he still has some hives bumbs on his legs and belly and i noticed a tough scabby looking thing by his rib which i presume to be a hot spot.. his face and breathing are normal, it might be that the daily doses of benedryl might be making him bring his food up.. gah.. I just want him to be back to normal :l
    Could just be upset tummy from environmental allergies. My boy used to throw up all the time when his allergies were real bad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads