Hershey's knee surgery, he's out and in recovery !

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Hershey update, he is moving pretty good for just being a few days post surgery. He's a bit constipated... to the point he had the 'walking bombs' he doesnt really want to squat, and you can see him 'laying an egg' as he walks LOL But after about 15 minutes of moving, and a few bombs, he finally does his business :p Well that is the update for Saturday :)

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
awe, bet the anesthesia made him constipated. I couldn't go for 6 days after I had surgery on my back. Bless his heart! And ya'lls too

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ya should try Hershey's walking Poo's the next time you have surgery! LOL

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Well, Hershey went through his CCL surgery today, and we got word from the Ortho Surgeon that he did great ! it was a 50% tear, and he should have a full recovery. We'll pick the little munchkin back up tomorrow after 4pm !

I know some of you knew about the surgery, and I just wanted to update ya real fast...

off to work I go ! ! ! !

Awesome News…. Wishing for a speedy Recovery for Hershey.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hershey is getting stronger and more ornery each day, he's really tired of being kenneled up so much. I took him out to go potty, and walked him to the back of the house (we put a ramp up in the front of the house, as there are less steps) as soon as I got him out back, I put him in his potty area... Instant Download ! yea ! I guess he must be shy, and confused, he was looking at me like 'Dad, I'm suppose to :poo: over THERE, by the black metal stuff, on the INSIDE' then he downloaded and looked up at me with that "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that felt good" expression on his face :) :) he is testing the leg a little more each day.... sometimes putting on weight, sometimes 3 legging it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hershey is getting stronger and more ornery each day, he's really tired of being kenneled up so much. I took him out to go potty, and walked him to the back of the house (we put a ramp up in the front of the house, as there are less steps) as soon as I got him out back, I put him in his potty area... Instant Download ! yea ! I guess he must be shy, and confused, he was looking at me like 'Dad, I'm suppose to :poo: over THERE, by the black metal stuff, on the INSIDE' then he downloaded and looked up at me with that "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that felt good" expression on his face :) :) he is testing the leg a little more each day.... sometimes putting on weight, sometimes 3 legging it.

They are amazing.... the pain threshold is unlimited -- keep the updates coming!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
great update. So glad he's feeling better! Thanks so much for letting us know how he's doing. Bless his little heart.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hershey is really doing well.. If we wouldnt have him on the leash, he would be boucing around almost like normal, but his knee isnt strong enough for that - he gets a bit of Cabin Fever, but we walk him for 5-10 mins, a few times a day to build up his strength. We had to get him an inflatable doughnut, a softer version of 'the Cone of Shame' as he discovered his incision, and we caught him licking it. This is a good thing, as he can't climb up and down steps with it on! LOL.

Well that is the update, he is 1 week post surgery now :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Was thinking about Hershey today and about to tag you so thanks for the latest update.
Really glad to hear he's doing so well.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hershey update, the patient is doing quite well, and I'm really surprised at how fast he has bounced back, but this weekend is going to be the test of patience, as the 6 month old, 2 year old and 12 year old grand kids are in town. will we be able to keep him kenneled and calm through all of them?

Its 7 am, I just got off of work, I got a text from the wife 'Pup had his pill, please take him out to :poo: when you get home' Oh great ! so my work STILL isnt done ! LOL well... he 'downloaded' and is back in his kennel snoring away... guess that mean I'm off the clock for a few hours and can get some ......................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my where the heck have i been? im so glad he is doing so well and seems he will be back to normal soon. hope yall survive the grandkids. :)

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We survived the grandkids, and Hershey is still be-boping along :) its tough to keep him from over doing it, or should I say, its tough to keep Dottie from having him Over doing it. 'But he's lonely ! I hate it when he's in his Xpen so much.... Can't he be on my lap in the recliner?' ARRRGGGHHH :p

:) but the patient has more patience than Momma does!

Members online

No members online now.