vet again, this time the emergency vet

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well we got home from our trip to sixflags and jeff lex and i walked down the street about 6 houses down to pick up bo.. Well of course the boys were so excited to see each other since they've been apart for a whole day!!! well lex was rolling around on the ground and clumsy bo used lex's front leg as a starting block and pretty much donkey kick lexs leg :angry: lex could hardly get up after that kick so jeff being a good daddy carried his hefty butt back home. we watched lex walk around and he could hardly put any pressure what so ever on his left leg :eek: we gave him some childrens ibpro and waited... lex couldnt get comfy kept gettin up walking around laying down, up and down up and down for a good hr we could tell he was hurting so we loaded up and went to the er vet.. all i kept thinking was bo kicked his leg out of socket and knowing the bullies structure isnt the same as reg dogs we just wanted to be safe!

the vet was great with lex he felt around his leg, he said his leg wasnt dislocated :up: . we walked the clinic while the vet watched he thinks he just bruised his leg and strained it alittle in that kick... so lex is on anti-flam/pain meds for a few days, if not better in a couple days then its x-ray time... so please :pray: that we get better soon. we both had to work tonight so lex is by his self till 5 :*( jeff napped before work and before jeffleft he told me lex is really sore but in good spirits!!!!

o and while im writing this jeff just let me know while he was carrying lex outside to potty bo almost knocked both of over :angry: we are keeping them seperated during all this and possibly all the time :*( need to look into doggie prozac for bo

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i dont know but we gotta figure something out w bo and his exessive energy he has.. we got him fixed and that didnt help hopefully he'll start to settle down here quickly before we loose our hair!!! he is our #1 problem child >.<

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I feel your pain.. Georgia and Baby Joe get very hyper exp at nite.So I have been walking them late at nite trying to curve this because they run thru the house like wild elephants and try to jump over Beefy!! Its so scarey because I dont want them to jump on him.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe he will slow down after the age of 2, that seems to be the time all of mine start behaving. lol

I am glad you went to the vet, better to be safe than sorry. I sure hope Lex feels better tomorrow.... :pray:

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well he's about 2 1/2 3 yrs old got him alittle over a yr ago someone dropped him and a pointer off out in the county :angry: so not to sure how old he is exactlly. we thought getting him fixed would work buuuutttt NO!!!! lol... thanks so do i, i hate being an hr away from him especially when hes hurtin and needin his momma's :heart:'ing

were always playing ball or going on walks, and during the summer time we would take bo to the lake and he would run swim out to the ball come back for an hr.. that didnt phase him one bit, he was wanting to go more jeff would throw till he couldnt throw anymore lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Keeping my fingers crossed that all is better today for poor Lex!!

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well he's in good spirits today he is able to put a little more pressure on his leg but still in pain, and of course being a total mommas boy actually getting on the couch and laying with us. trying to refrain him from walkin as much as possible so carrying him outside to another part of house, im not gonna like when jeff has to go to work a 7 :down: cause then im gonna have to carry his hefty butt.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
poor baby so wants to play we have to make him stay still, so tonight i got his favorite movie of all times out and its been playing over and over and over again... MARMADUKE, its the only thing that'll keep him still

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.