Other Eyes

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Zeus' has been "blinking" more with his left (my right if facing him) eye. I'm pretty sure it's allergy related. It does have drainage and I clean his face everyday. Is there some type of eye drops I can use to help him?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367257999.901496.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a few members that use drops or otiment they will be by soon to help

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
"Blink" Tears is a lubricating Eye Drop for humans. I used it for HRH When we first noticed her having probs with her eyes. The vet decided we should use a stronger tear producing prescription drop later on but the Blink did work fairly well. You could try that and see before proceeding if you'd like. Blink is available in Walgreens and CVS here.

Last edited by a moderator:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
is he blinking or squinting? If he is squinting this is a sign of pain and he needs to be seen asap.

However, not all will squint.

Molly had eye booger issue and one day I noticed it looked cloudy. So I took her in. Only to find she had permanantly damaged her cornea. She had not one, but TWO ulcers, one was almost healed! I never realized it at all -- she showed no signs of pain, batted her eyes, noting what so ever, and this costed her some loss of her sight. :( It's not too noticeable but I see her walk into things occasionally.

Okay I have a point to telling you this! LOL

If you feel something is wrong, don't mess with the eyes. I am not in love with eye doctors either because I feel they charge way too much for what they do, ($150 to examine them put some dye in their eye? REALLY???) but now I won't even hesitate.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has eye problems as well, but his are due to allergies (environmental) I have used the Blink lube drops that Bruce is talking about and I have also had his eyes checked with the dye ($100 here for the exam) no problems, just simply alleriges. When his eyes get extra squinty I do have an Rx from the vet, a steroid drop. Other than that I wipe his eyes a few times a day with a warm washcloth and give him benadryl when they get goopy, like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] said, eyes are nothing to mess with, a trip to the vet can answer all your questions. Good Luck and I am hoping it is just allergies.

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
They were just at the vet Wednesday thru Friday evening while I was away my mom picked them up.
I would think they would have noticed something. Because while he was there they were to recheck his hot spots and the healing of them.
I may call them tomorrow and see.
In that photo he was squinting because I think the sun was in his eyes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.