Thread: is throwing up a common pup thing?

Bulldog(s) Names
    ernie
    Likes (Received)

Default is throwing up a common pup thing?

Ernie(17 weeks) has puked a few times in the past few days. Has not done this before and it is not right after eating. Today he puked after he barked at the cats for a minute but was not running around. Not sure what he was doing the last time he puked, I just saw him puke.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Vomiting can be random, too much play with an empty tummy, drinking too fast, eating too fast. Does it have kibble in it? Any other signs something is wrong?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: is throwing up a common pup thing?

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Vomiting can be random, too much play with an empty tummy, drinking too fast, eating too fast. Does it have kibble in it? Any other signs something is wrong?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

What she said ......... and also what are you feeding??

Bulldog(s) Names
    ernie
    Likes (Received)

feeding fromms. seems perfectly fine otherwise....

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Agree with the above comments, could be from playing too hard, running around, having an empty stomach. Fromms is an excellent food. My male Bulldozer swallows a lot of stuff, he seems to think he's a goat. Lol. He has swallowed socks twice on us, and the first time he vomited it up, we don't know when or where he ate it or got it from, he just threw up a sweat sock one day. The second time he swallowed my grandsons' sock, and because it was small, it went through his intestines, again we didn't know he had swallowed it, but one day he started to vomit, then he was also drooling water from his mouth, and he had some diarrhea, and as the day went on he became lethargic and listless. We took him to the vet, and she did an x-ray which showed a shadow in his intestine. She gave him some IV fluids, a laxative, and some pain medication, and sent us home with some high fibre dogfood to help move his bowels, later that night, he passed a white Old Navy sock and he was okay again. Just keep an eye on him and if you see signs of drooling, diarrhea or vomiting, for a few days, then it might be worth investigating a obstruction due to something he may have unknowingly swallowed. Dozer ate, played, pooped and peed, and acted normal up until he showed signs of being sick, although he probablynhadcthe sock in his tummy for days or weeks before he passed it. Hope it's nothing serious, and passes, keep us posted on how he's doing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Remove Ads