Help Needed! Yeast, HELP!!!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
He seems to be doing better his muzzle is clearing up quickly and his tummy is looking much better. The worst of the places with the ringworm are looking better as well. Please keep the prayers coming he needs them. I put him on the front porch today so he could get some outside time. I feel like a warden. I just want to cry. Every time I look at him I try to explain why I have to keep him away from the other animals.

Poor thing! I am so glad he is getting better though, you are doing great. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. :hug:

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Poor thing! I am so glad he is getting better though, you are doing great. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. :hug:

Thank you so much for all the kind words, support, thoughts and prayers. It has helped so much! Sheldon is feeling much much better and is back to playing and being ornery and after Wednesday of this week he will be able to rejoin the family because that will be his second dipping for the ringworm and he will no longer be contagious stinky but not contagious thank goodness! Hugs and love goes out to each and everyone of you!!:clap2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much for all the kind words, support, thoughts and prayers. It has helped so much! Sheldon is feeling much much better and is back to playing and being ornery and after Wednesday of this week he will be able to rejoin the family because that will be his second dipping for the ringworm and he will no longer be contagious stinky but not contagious thank goodness! Hugs and love goes out to each and everyone of you!!:clap2:

Ah, poor boy must be miserable! Give him some extra treats since he can't have any hugs!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston

So glad to hear this!! He will be one happy boy tomorrow!! :D

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So glad to hear this!! He will be one happy boy tomorrow!! :D
Yes he will be and we will be happy to be able to let him out with us. We are so excited. The infection on his tummy is almost all the way cleared up. He is on the mend!! :clap2:

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OH NO.... ringworm - UGH! Staph is a long high dose of antibiotics, my Nitschke had that twice and he was on antibiotics for like 3 wks.

Good luck with him

His tummy and muzzle are almost all the way cleared up and it looked really bad but its looking so much better. I can't believe how well he is healing.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad to hear Sheldon is on the mend, Bacon got a staph infection too and it took forever for the bald spot to fill back in. I would consider trying to add a cap full of apple cider vinegar to his water and you can also try giving him salmon/fish oil either raw or in the pill form. It helps the oils in their skin regenerate so it makes their coat's much nicer.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad to hear Sheldon is on the mend, Bacon got a staph infection too and it took forever for the bald spot to fill back in. I would consider trying to add a cap full of apple cider vinegar to his water and you can also try giving him salmon/fish oil either raw or in the pill form. It helps the oils in their skin regenerate so it makes their coat's much nicer.
Thank you so much I will do that. This was infection was on his tummy and between his legs and on his muzzle. He is on the mend though you can just tell by looking at him he is feeling so much better. He is playing and fetching again and running around. Its good to see him feel better. I wanted to cry when I saw him in such distress. I did cry a couple times and he licked my face like he was saying its ok Mommy. I would get in the floor and lay his head in my lap.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thank you so much I will do that. This was infection was on his tummy and between his legs and on his muzzle. He is on the mend though you can just tell by looking at him he is feeling so much better. He is playing and fetching again and running around. Its good to see him feel better. I wanted to cry when I saw him in such distress. I did cry a couple times and he licked my face like he was saying its ok Mommy. I would get in the floor and lay his head in my lap.

They are amazingly resilient and totally know what we are feeling at any given time, it's really impressive.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
They are amazingly resilient and totally know what we are feeling at any given time, it's really impressive.
They are so dialed in to us it amazes me. I firmly believe that these dogs are so full of love it just spills over to anyone they are around. A few of my neighbors have now decided that they want a bulldog from being around Sheldon and seeing how much love he gives us and seeing how the kids just roll around with him and play with him. I have found also that if I feed Sheldon a yogurt every couple days he doesn't have gas.:clap2:

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Update: Sheldon did not have yeast it was ringworm and staph infection and after seeing our vet he is doing much better thank you everyone for the advice and prayers!!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

wgwe5

Jun 12, 2013
West Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer aka "Fat Boy"
Hello Jennifer, glad to hear Sheldon is doing better, I was curious as to what kind of yogurt you give him? My boy Dozer could use some help with gas.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello Jennifer, glad to hear Sheldon is doing better, I was curious as to what kind of yogurt you give him? My boy Dozer could use some help with gas.

We feed Sheldon just the Great Value yogurt from Walmart he loves it we feed it to him a couple times a week and it really seems to help.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.