Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
My bulldog has yeast on his muzzle and between his hind legs please help advise me on this. Someone told me to use Monistat on him but I don't want him to lick the medicine off but I don't want to have to put one of those huge cones on him I can just see him blushing and looking at me saying "Why Mommy?" :confused: please any advise is appreciated.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you could try apple cidar vinegar n water mixed and put it on it. some mix 50/50 some mix 70 water/30 vinegar but they say to get the one that says mother on it. hibliclenz has yeast properties its a soap though you wet put it on and rinse it off. duoxo pads are good for this and can be ordered online. probiotics can help get rid of it and can be added to the treatment. it kills it inside out. yes any fungal med will work such as athlete foot treatments and jock itch treatments. also need to see whats causing it as its usually allergy related on bullies.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I have some of that athletes foot stuff and I have some yogurt in the fridge I will bath him first and then put the medicine on him as well as feed him some yogurt. Thank you so much!

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmmm Allergy related I wonder what he could be allergic to I haven't changed anything as far as his diet except the flavor of his food I had to switch him to an adult dog formula so I went with the rice and lamb and his digestion is so sensitive that I am afraid to change his food for fear of upsetting his tummy.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmmmm Allergy related I wonder what he could be allergic to I haven't changed anything as far as his diet except the flavor of his food I had to switch him to an adult dog formula so I went with the rice and lamb and his digestion is so sensitive that I am afraid to change his food for fear of upsetting his tummy.

It could be the food change of proteins, or it could be spring, it's bad for a lot of bullies this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That is so true...what are your thoughts on food? If I am going to change his diet I want something that he isn't going to have problems with.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok I started giving my Bully yogurt and the funniest thing I haven't noticed any gas like before. He was so gassy I know his tummy had to hurt but since he broke out we have been feeding him a thing of yogurt every couple days and he loves it and it seems to help his tummy. Pleasant side effect? I think so :p LOL, his break out seems to be getting better as well. Thank you all for the input Sheldon and I truly appreciate it!!!

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
must be the food, what I did with major is soak his feet in water/vinegar/lil bit of peroxide about 10 mins each time twice a day for 5 days straight and its helps a lot. dogs can get allergic as they grow older. major wasn't allergic to chicken till he's about 11 months old now we switched him to.beef. good luck

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you I am feeding him a limited ingredient diet as well as grain free so that way I can narrow down what it was the caused this we have been bathing him with an oatmeal shampoo that seems to give him a lot of relief as well as benadryl but we only do that at night. He only goes out when we take him out and I am very careful about watching where I take him to make sure he doesn't get into ants. I am going to figure this out. Even if I have to start feeding him a completely homemade diet until I narrow it down.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok I think I am going to have to take him to the vet I think something else might be going on and I have no idea what but its driving me nuts not knowing. Wish us luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok I think I am going to have to take him to the vet I think something else might be going on and I have no idea what but its driving me nuts not knowing. Wish us luck!

good luck..... please keep us posted!

Grain free diet.... which food/protien? My girl, can NOT have chicken or salmon.... hives and yeast galore.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
good luck..... please keep us posted!

Grain free diet.... which food/protien? My girl, can NOT have chicken or salmon.... hives and yeast galore.

It has chicken in it but I was good and read the label and compared this food with some of the other foods that are on the lists and it has the same ingredients and portions the vet has informed me that it's not a food allergy some how some way my baby contacted ringworm and has a staph infection on his tummy and muzzle I have to quarantine him in my room and his kennel at night we have meds now and dip for the ringworm...nasty smelling dip can't wait till its over bless his heart.:pouting:

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
It has chicken in it but I was good and read the label and compared this food with some of the other foods that are on the lists and it has the same ingredients and portions the vet has informed me that it's not a food allergy some how some way my baby contacted ringworm and has a staph infection on his tummy and muzzle I have to quarantine him in my room and his kennel at night we have meds now and dip for the ringworm...nasty smelling dip can't wait till its over bless his heart.:pouting:

Sorry to hear this...:nope: but I am glad you have some answers now and are doing treatment. Praying for a quick recovery!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

OH NO.... ringworm - UGH! Staph is a long high dose of antibiotics, my Nitschke had that twice and he was on antibiotics for like 3 wks.

Good luck with him

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
He seems to be doing better his muzzle is clearing up quickly and his tummy is looking much better. The worst of the places with the ringworm are looking better as well. Please keep the prayers coming he needs them. I put him on the front porch today so he could get some outside time. I feel like a warden. I just want to cry. Every time I look at him I try to explain why I have to keep him away from the other animals.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.