Night time vomiting

GraceMom

Dec 30, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Happy Friday All, I apologize for not being on the site for so long. I need help. Grace has been vomiting after bed, IN our bed. Sometimes she throws up food, sometimes, just flim flam. I've tried everything to stop it and figure out what it might be. Giving her Benadryl at night for sinus, feeding her earlier and less, and making sure she poos before bed. Nothing helps. I read late last night, it could be acid reflux, so we gave her a slice of bread, and she did sleep peacefully afterwards.I get up to walk her wee hours in the am, but she won't go again. She's been on Wellness Senior dog food for a long time. Senior for no protein and grain free. Should we change dog foods to see if that helps? She is her normal playful self all day, it's just at wee hours in the mornings, does she get sick. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.:nope::eek::pray:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I've read that one of the causes for nighttime vomiting could be from bile due to an empty stomach. You could try giving a little snack before bed. Do you feed once or twice a day? If once a day, try feeding once in the morning and then again in the evening around 7 o'clock to see if that helps. I hope you find outbwhatbthe cause is, and Grace feels better soon. Keep us posted and good luck

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] .. it could be from an empty stomach AND/OR a reaction to the food.

maggie used to do this but we had her on :poo:py Beneful at the time. As soon as we changed to Fromm she was fine.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I also agree with Karen, regarding a reaction to her food, I don't know which brand you feed Grace or how long she's been on that brand, so it could also be an allergy or reaction to her food.

OP
GraceMom

GraceMom

Dec 30, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Tks for the replies. I went out and bought her Fromm dog food, and I hope this will help her. I keep you posted.:D:2thumbs:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
The night that you gave her a piece of bread before bed she was fine? If so I think you may have answered your own question :-) [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] look it's another Gracie that likes to dress up :-)

OP
GraceMom

GraceMom

Dec 30, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Grace is doing so much better w/Forrum. She does have the stinky :eeeew: gas, but not that bad. No more late night upsets, thank goodness. I feed her later in the day, just in case she gets acid reflux due to an empty stomach. :D

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde did this about 2 years ago, vet told me to give him pepcid ad...twice a day , morning and evening....it stopped and hasn't come back.....seemed to think he was having an upset stomach.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Grace is doing so much better w/Forrum. She does have the stinky :eeeew: gas, but not that bad. No more late night upsets, thank goodness. I feed her later in the day, just in case she gets acid reflux due to an empty stomach. :D

The gas will lessen after a few days.... she just needs to finish adjusting

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im glad she is doing better. sometimes sarah gets upset tummy and i give her a pepcid but if its every day i look at the food usually.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.