Vomiting twice!

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
So to add on to the list of Otis' concerns...he has now started vomiting!

Once last night about an hour after he ate. It was all foamy and white, so I assumed he ate some grass while we were at the park. Then this morning (12 hours later) he vomited again (thank goodness I got the cone off fast enough!!!), this time it was yellow with a little bit of kibble present. He ate his breakfast right after, went for a mini walk around the building, and is acting normal. I recently added beans to his food, could that be it? It's also been just over a week since he started eating FirstMate ocean fish formula.

He's going to the vet Monday to check up on his eye/paw, but should I take him in today just to be safe?

ps- You guys have been SOSO helpful! Thank you so much.

One more thing...after I posted I noticed he had this:

Ouch.jpg

What in the world is that? There's only one, but how do I make it go away?

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm not sure if beans can have this effect. But..Jake has vomited the yellow bile when his tummy is too empty. I read that Otiss had some kibble in his, so that doesn't sound like the case here. Is he on any meds from his surgery? I'm sorry I can't give you a clear cut guess...but sometimes...their tummy's just get upset. I would just see how he does as the day goes on.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm going to say it's the diet change, don't panic, he's eating and drinking. He's acting normal, I believe you can relax. :2thumbs: the stress of the cone and the diet change can upset him a bit too. relax, he's ok

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Thanks guys!

He seems to be okay now, I can't wait until he's 100% better and only sees the vet once a year.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
So to add on to the list of Otis' concerns...he has now started vomiting!

Once last night about an hour after he hate. It was all foamy and white, so I assumed he ate some grass while we were at the park. Then this morning (12 hours later) he vomited again (thank goodness I got the cone off fast enough!!!), this time it was yellow with a little bit of kibble present. He ate his breakfast right after, went for a mini walk around the building, and is acting normal. I recently added beans to his food, could that be it? It's also been just over a week since he started eating FirstMate ocean fish formula.

He's going to the vet Monday to check up on his eye/paw, but should I take him in today just to be safe?

ps- You guys have been SOSO helpful! Thank you so much.

Not sure if this is helpful but foamy white for Remi usually means he drank too much water at the park, and that combined with all the running around just upsets his stomach.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
YES!!!!!

He pooped out something with a tag on it! I've never been so relieved to see poop in my life. I'm really hoping that was causing the tummy issues. BUT I still don't know what that red thing is...looks like a bite.

WHOOHOO! One step closer to be 100%.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
YES!!!!!

He pooped out something with a tag on it! I've never been so relieved to see poop in my life. I'm really hoping that was causing the tummy issues. BUT I still don't know what that red thing is...looks like a bite.

WHOOHOO! One step closer to be 100%.

looks like a nipple. :/

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah, agreed .... that is a nipple.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
It IS?

Bahaha I'm a nerd, I didn't even know male dogs had nipples!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was gonna say it looks like a nipple to. i hope things will calm down for you now. :)

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
:newhere:......can ya tell? Hahaha.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online