Likes (Received)

Default Re: Your Bulldog's Health

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    xena,tank
    Likes (Received)

I bought my male bully 3 days ago I took him for puppy well check and my vet said he will have skin disorders genetically his whole life and pass to his offspring and suggest returning him to breeder well I cant get a response from breeder so does anyone have any suggestions

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g man View Post
    I bought my male bully 3 days ago I took him for puppy well check and my vet said he will have skin disorders genetically his whole life and pass to his offspring and suggest returning him to breeder well I cant get a response from breeder so does anyone have any suggestions
    You say he will pass the gene on to his offspring. Did you purchase your bully for breeding? I don't mean to sound harsh by any means but it sounds like you may not have enough experience to breed EB. If your vet is able to judge that the puppy will have skin disorders at this stage it kind of shows that you did not do you research before selecting your pup or know enough about the breed.

The breeder we got our EB was new to breeding EBs and probably won't breed again (the wife was 9 mth pregnant with their first child and they couldn't handle another litter for a long time) but they had the guidance from a very experienced EB breeder who we found them through.

With all that said, most people who do get EBs know the breed is pre-disposed to skin issues and realize that this won't be a dog who will be easily maintained. They are very expensive to keep and make sure they dont develop skin problems. This comes with the territory.

My suggestion, if you want to keep the pup, get him neutered and love him. Feed him a good quality food (most people here feed their bully's froom. I feed mine buffalo blue wilderness), keep his skin clean and dry.

If your only purpose with the pup was it to be a stud you should probably look into a breed you know about or better yet don't breed at all. Backyard breeders are a dime a dozen and unfortunately we do end up with really poorly bred dogs with a lot of health issues in Shelters and rescues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by g man View Post
    Kinda sounds to me like your vet is not a fan of the English bulldog breed. It's true many poorly bred bulldogs suffer from skin issues, it is important to care for them daily and also with a high quality diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads