Dry puppy nose or something else?

Odessa

Apr 9, 2013
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker & in extended family his dad Diesel & cousin Odessa
We have had our new puppy Tucker for 4 days nows, he is 8 weeks old. He seems to had developed a dry scab like patch on his nose since bringing him home. The right side is the patch, but it looks like the left side is starting up too. I don't think he had this four days ago, and I hadn't noticed it yesterday when we brought him in for a vet check up. I am in the middle of switching him from Royal Canin to Merrick grain free duck, could this have anything to do with it?

Tucker's nose yesterday

Tucker's nose today

The left side not as bad

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm on my phone so I can't see too well but it looks like dried snot, not uncommon in young pups to get a little upper respiratory infection in a new home and environment, but if it gets thick you may want to have him checked out. They usually sort out an URI on their own but you need to be sure it never goes to their lungs.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I use a dab of Vaseline, they hate it and lick it off, but it will make the nose softer. Also I have something called Snot Soother. they hate that too and lick it off also. But never the less, I use both products. About once or twice a week. It works

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Snout soother is excellent .. but I'll add in another option too. Aquaphor cream .. you can pick it up at any drugstore or grocery store.

OP
Odessa

Odessa

Apr 9, 2013
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker & in extended family his dad Diesel & cousin Odessa
Thank you all for the advice. I didn't think it was dried snot, I tried washing the spot off with a warm washcloth twice and didnt come off. It is hard to get a good picture of it but it look indented to me, like a chunk came off. I will try treating it as a dry spot with one of the great creams you all suggested, thank you guys.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
too funny, i thought it was dried snot too !:yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.