How to clean gunk out of tail wrinkle

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
My boy friend just noticed a that Boadie has a sore red wrinkle right above his tail on his back. Upon inspection I discovered it is really DEEP! I had no idea it was even there. Luckily it is not to infected, just barely scabby and red, and some of the fur has been coming out as I clean. After I cleaned it out real good I noticed some gunk, it was waxy, and it makes the fur mat together. Is this yeast or some thin? I have been clean it with cotton swabs and witch hazel twice a day. I have been wiping it with the witch hazel letting it sit a minute and then drying it the best I can. I am not sure weather I should leave the witch hazel on there to dry by itself or to wipe it off? I have read that the WH is a drying agent and can be left on to dry things up.

Is there any thing else I should do to help this clear up? I was afraid to put destine on it because I didn't think that would be a good thing sitting in that wrinkle.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could be yeast and bacteria, likely both. You will probably need something a bit stronger.

I recommend malecetic ultra,(must be the ULTRA) but you will need to order it online (amazon). It works wonders on stuff like this but only use it when needed. Once it's cleared up you can use witch hazel or another medicated wipe like douxo or malecetic.

Perhaps for now try some hydrogen peroxide, let it dry on its own, followed by gold bond powder. Even women's yeast creme or hydrocortisone, athletes foot powder.

Depending on what it is will depend on how well each will work.

Yeast cream, yeast or fungus
Athletes foot powder, yeast or fungus
Hydrocortisone, swelling and itching
Peroxide, bacteria
Gold bond, not sure really but refreshing on enflamed tissues!
Malecetic Ultra, yeast, bacteria, swelling and itching all together :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be yeast and bacteria, likely both. You will probably need something a bit stronger.

I recommend malecetic ultra,(must be the ULTRA) but you will need to order it online (amazon). It works wonders on stuff like this but only use it when needed. Once it's cleared up you can use witch hazel or another medicated wipe like douxo or malecetic.

Perhaps for now try some hydrogen peroxide, let it dry on its own, followed by gold bond powder. Even women's yeast creme or hydrocortisone, athletes foot powder.

Depending on what it is will depend on how well each will work.

Yeast cream, yeast or fungus
Athletes foot powder, yeast or fungus
Hydrocortisone, swelling and itching
Peroxide, bacteria
Gold bond, not sure really but refreshing on enflamed tissues!
Malecetic Ultra, yeast, bacteria, swelling and itching all together :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Awesome info^^^^^

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Thanks [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] for the great info. I ordered the malecetic ultra, I will try using peroxide until it arrives.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.