Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Okay now Mandy, Yuna & Molly are on Nature's Variety and doing awesome. I barely even have to do a wrinkle wash on Molly and Yuna it is going THAT good. Yuna also has half a white face so that is saying A LOT!

However, Jesse and Tidus did not do well on Nature's Variety. Both of their eyes started to swell, so we got Nature's Logic and Jesse loves it and this seems to be THE food for her. And they wanted me to get $300 eye surgery on her! HRMPH! NOT! See this is what I mean, they said she had entropion when she didn't! She was having allergies due to low immune system/food/diet which was making her eyes swell.

Switching the others now too to Nature's Logic and they are all doing REALLY well, and Tidus is better. As a matter of fact, Mandy's little tiny tear stains have almost disappeared. But my problem is that Tidus still has yeast around his eyes. I wonder if the eye ointment I put in everyday is creating these dark yeasty circles?

I wish I could put something on it to get it off so I could REALLY see if the food change is working. He gets his staples removed on Tuesday, so maybe that will help. I am looking forward to seeing him staple free!

Here is a video (tell me to SHUT UP ALREADY) but maybe you can see Tidus's eyes a little bit in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPagirdpi44

Last edited:

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
wondering if yogurt will work for his yeast issues??? Chester is on Avoderm..it didn't help with the tear stains..the only thing that helped, and now you can barely notice is giving him the Tums daily. But so glad your furbabies are doing well on their new chow! :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have no advice for the stains either and was so occupied watching the cute video I forgot to watch for the stains. haha. So you are liking this food better than the fromm for your "kids"? Good to know it is another good one to try. :)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would not say I like it better. I plan on switching between these 3 foods (dry & raw) in rotation (Nature's Logic, Nature's Variety, & Fromm- occasionally maybe AvoDerm), because I truly believe keeping them on one food forever is not only boring for them, but can also make them develop protein allergies eventually from what I have been investigating. I notice that on these particular foods they don't get upset tummy when switching too, which is good.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I am about to start the Natures Logic with the girls and try slowly introducing it to Beefy later but he is ding GREAT on the the diet. His poopy is almost rock consitstency!!!! He smells GREAT and his booty and tail are getting better!! I am even trying it with Babyjoe because she has eye allergies also and I think the raw chicken and Fish has been a real immune boost for Beefy. Do you give them any raw feedings?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=355]gatorfan85[/MENTION] yes I give them a raw feeding about once a week.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I couldnt really see the yeast..I was too distracted by all the cuteness lol. Baby joe did have that until I started wiping it with some vinegar around her eye and then at night I would put vaseline on it. Plus I have to wipe her eyes ALOT!! When they were realy irritated looking I would put erythromycin ointment and that wouldN'T make around her eyes all all wet like the drops so it helped.

Last edited:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
thats so great they get along with the kiddos so well.... they are all sooo darn cute

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Am I understanding right that it is better to rotate brands/types of food? Gracie is on Fromm Surf and Turf. Seems to like it and we don't see any negatives from giving it to her. Would it be better to have an option food?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Am I understanding right that it is better to rotate brands/types of food? Gracie is on Fromm Surf and Turf. Seems to like it and we don't see any negatives from giving it to her. Would it be better to have an option food?

This is what I have been researching, yes. I also think it is probably good to try all the good brands just to see which one is the best for you. They all have their benefits in different ways- Fromm is probiotics in writing. Nature's Logic is 100% Natural, no gluten. Nature's Variety (Instinct) is completely grain/glueten free. I have some 2 oz. samples of Nature's Logic here if you want to check it out- and also there is a coupon for free Nature's Logic in the Bully Market. I have yet to contact the other foods I love but I will soon. I am very pleased with Nature's Logic.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Your bullies are awesome. Love that Tidus!

Thanks for the tip on the food. I'm going to try Nature's Logic next. Very few stores sell them here, good thing there's one where my parents live.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww I think Tidus looks as handsome as ever!!! (Well you know I am quite fond of him but I really couldn't see what you do). I was just going to say something to you about not seeing any new pictures of him lately, he is so darn handsome :heart::bully:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx for the response. We keep running into the Nutro Ultra Holistic Superfood rep in the stores. It sounds like its good food so maybe I can get some samples thru the rep. Or just buy small bags to try. Nature's logic and Nature's variety also sounds good. We see the factory reps in the stores all the time here, like they are required to be there on weekends or sumptin. lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.