RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
The poor boy :( we got back from Bullypoolooza and he didnt want to get out of the car, so we picked all 52lbs of him up out of the car, then he didnt want to walk (at all) just planted on his butt. So we carried him inside the house. If he wants something he is now scooting on his butt, so he knee REALLY must be bothering him. We called the ortho this morning, and he is scheduled for surgery Next weds, the 1st of May.

*sigh* Keep us in your thoughts, I'll try to pull out the paperwork, to better tell you all what exact type of knee surgery they are expecting to do. We just dont want our boy in pain!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Oh I'm so very very sorry! Good luck with the surgery, please keep us posted. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I sure hope it works for him, please keep us posted. When did little Hershey get so big? I still picture that little pudge in my head when I think of him. Is he on any pain meds right now?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor little fella..... hate when this happens to them. Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts for a successful procedure and quick recovery!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Poor guy. It's so tough seeing them in pain. At least he'll feel much better after it's all done, and I have no doubt he'll come out of itwith flying colors.
Give him a HUGE hug and lots of kisses from me.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Poor Hershey, is he having the same surgery you were talking about before where he won't be able to walk for months after?

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Poor Hershey, is he having the same surgery you were talking about before where he won't be able to walk for months after?

He'll be able to walk, but on a leash, he wont be able to jump up on the furnature etc etc etc. and NO interaction with Gizmo for like 8 weeks minimum ! (the rough housing etc :( He's going to be spending alot of time in his xpen to recouperate, potty breaks will be on leash, out the back door, and Gizmo will be let out separately. its not going to be a fun summer I'm afraid.

and Yes @desertskybulldogs he's on pain meds right now

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw poor guy - but the good news is that after surgery, he will be as a good as new! :) I've been through several knee surgeries with my bully, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It's going to be harder keeping him quiet than going through the surgery. I know [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] had to go through this!!

Good luck and we'll be thinking of him and you!!!

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Thats sad to hear. The vet told me that Colossus's left knee cap was a little looser than he likes, but it may or may not cause any problems. Then he promptly said - there is surgery that could correct it as he gets older.

Prayers for you and your Hershey!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh no! :( it is soooo hard keeping them separated and calm cuz they don't understand. At first Cutty was ok being locked in the bedroom cuz he knew he was hurt but once his knee started healing he was mad at me for keeping him locked down. We kept him on total lockdown for 6 weeks then they said he could have access to everything just no rough play or anything crazy. I hated it and wish it on nobody. Not sure who it was harder on, him or me. Feels like it was ver a year ago but I was looking thru paperwork and it wasn't even a year ago he had his. Crazy.

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
The poor boy :( we got back from Bullypoolooza and he didnt want to get out of the car, so we picked all 52lbs of him up out of the car, then he didnt want to walk (at all) just planted on his butt. So we carried him inside the house. If he wants something he is now scooting on his butt, so he knee REALLY must be bothering him. We called the ortho this morning, and he is scheduled for surgery Next weds, the 1st of May.

*sigh* Keep us in your thoughts, I'll try to pull out the paperwork, to better tell you all what exact type of knee surgery they are expecting to do. We just dont want our boy in pain!

I'm very sorry to hear this. Good luck with the surgery and the recovery. It's not easy but your baby boy will be ok in the long term. Does he have a luxatting patella?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor boy. I'm sending healing thoughts and patience for all of you.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww.... I can picture his little butt scoots across the floor to avoid putting weight on that knee.... I'm sure it breaks your heart to see.

Does he like the water? Maybe the passive resistance of swimming in a life vest might be good therapy - you know, later - after the surgery. That might be a great form of exercise for that knee once it's healing. There's a place somewhere in Woodinville (half hour from me) where folks have turned a covered backyard pool into a place for dogs for medical therapy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.