cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Just wondering what your thoughts are on having our bullies have an annual evaluation by their vet's? Including blood tests to make sure their electrolytes are normal, as well as just getting them physically checked out? Tate has an upcoming bordatella vaccine due and I'm thinking of getting one done for him at the same time. Or, is this not really necessary unless there are out of the ordinary symptoms going on?

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I always do this for Chunk, even though we tend to be there more often than annually. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
annuals are a requirement in my opinion.... especially as they get older.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my boys all have annuals but Oliver and Remy are the only ones who get the bordatella. I have their heartworm tests done so whatever vacs are due get done at the same time. Sebastian doesn't get bordatella done because he never goes anywhere because he gets too excited and his heart can't take it when we try to take him to pet stores and we NEVER go to dog parks. He goes to our neighborhood parks and plays with his brothers, that's all he can handle.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I swear by "preventative maintenance" on my bullies! They have a nose-to-tail check up every 6 months under the wellness plan I have for them, which includes and physical and some blood tests to make sure they are in top shape and address any issues they might be having. It gives me a lot of of peace of mind as well!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks for all the replies---very helpful indeed! I'm definitely going to have my guys checked out regularly as well.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We give all of ours the annual, we just don't do the blood work, except the required heartworm test.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I do the annual for Miss Tallulah and will also do it for Buster. It is a tail to toe check and a blood test for heart worm which includes testing for lime disease.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We always do the annual physical exam and heartworm tests. Since Punks is getting older, I'm opting to get his blood tested too. Better safe than sorry!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
They go every year on their bday for a full check-up with blood work, heart worm, and Lyme disease testing. Okay, Gizmo is the first dog, so the other dogs go in on Gizmo's bday. I don't give heart worm pills...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.