izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi everyone,

Wanted to know if it's normal for our bullies to lose fur in the main wrinkles where the tear stains are. It's more so in Stig's left one than the one on the right. I think it started after we changed his antibiotics and added a pill to fight his mange, but not too sure though.

Thanks in advance for the input!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Honestly I don't know, but my guess would be no. Sometimes mine lose hair in their nose rope wrinkle, but not really on their eye/tear wrinkles.....

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester is losing a little more fur right now..but I am wondering if he's shedding his summer coat in preparation for his winter coat? The wrinkles seem OK.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Havent noticed this with my boys either. When I wipe the nose rope little hairs usually come out but nothing noticeable. As for the tear folds I havent noticed at all. Hmm... maybe it is the meds?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
lex hasnt lost hair when its really wet it sticks together which looks like he's lost some hair

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am guessing the mange is causing the hair loss.... Not the antibiotics. Just a guess.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I just may be because it's wet....just like when I bathe Orion.....all her spots show thru. When her tear stains are bad...it looks like she's lost hair.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.