Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Tobradex Eye Drops

  1. #1
    Bully Bootie Duty Shahster's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    167
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis & Cyrus
    Likes (Received)
    22

    Default Tobradex Eye Drops

    Hello!

    Has anyone ever used Tobradex eye drops on their bullies?? Otis has some sort of discoloration on one eye and I'm hoping this stuff clears it up. It's only been 4 days, but I can't see any improvement.

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,183
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11518

    Default Re: Tobradex Eye Drops

    I never have.... @desertbulldogs, @BruceP, @LariP, @BabyDuke
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #3
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Tobradex Eye Drops

    Is it something that came from the vet or over the counter (OTC)?
    HRH has dry eye and we use Opt-immune prescribed from the vet. Before starting that we were using an OTC drop called Blink that did seem to help a little, but the Opt-immune works much better.

  4. #4
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    I haven't heard of it either?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  5. #5
    Bully Bootie Duty Shahster's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    167
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis & Cyrus
    Likes (Received)
    22

    Default Re: Tobradex Eye Drops

    Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    Is it something that came from the vet or over the counter (OTC)?
    HRH has dry eye and we use Opt-immune prescribed from the vet. Before starting that we were using an OTC drop called Blink that did seem to help a little, but the Opt-immune works much better.
    From the vet. We tried...Muro? I think..first with no success. She did an eye stain to see if it was scratched, but it wasn't. So now we're trying Tobradex. The vet says its from his eyelashes, it almost looks like a cataract.

  6. #6
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Tobradex Eye Drops

    It's a human drug.....pretty expensive. Combination of tobramycin and dexamethasone. Combo of a steriod and an antibiotic. It's usually used to treat bacterial infections, swelling, itching and redness. What kind of discoloration are you talking about?

  7. #7
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Tobradex Eye Drops

    Well when HRH's dry eye was causing problems before we started using the opt-immune the vet wasn't sure she didn't have entropian because the tissue around her eyes was so swollen. But since her eyes are better that seems to not be an issue anymore. But it was at least a couple weeks before he retested her eyes to see if it was working too. So at this point I'd suggest to give it some more time.

  8. #8
    Bully Bootie Duty Shahster's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    167
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis & Cyrus
    Likes (Received)
    22

    Default Re: Tobradex Eye Drops

    Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    It's a human drug.....pretty expensive. Combination of tobramycin and dexamethasone. Combo of a steriod and an antibiotic. It's usually used to treat bacterial infections, swelling, itching and redness. What kind of discoloration are you talking about?
    I can't find a picture where you can see it, but it sort of looks like a cataract, but not quite, it looks a little hazy/cloudy. Are there any drugs specifically for dogs? His antibiotics for his paw are also for humans..cephalexin.

  9. #9
    Bully Bootie Duty Shahster's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    167
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis & Cyrus
    Likes (Received)
    22

    Default Re: Tobradex Eye Drops

    Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    Well when HRH's dry eye was causing problems before we started using the opt-immune the vet wasn't sure she didn't have entropian because the tissue around her eyes was so swollen. But since her eyes are better that seems to not be an issue anymore. But it was at least a couple weeks before he retested her eyes to see if it was working too. So at this point I'd suggest to give it some more time.

    Hmmm, okay, thank you!

  10. #10
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Tobradex Eye Drops

    Our Duke gets a gel drop and also a liquid drop once a day ( he has entropian sugery a few years ago ) I have never heard of this particular one..

    Just keep your eye on it.. any changes I would go back to the vet

  11. #11
    Drool Catcher santinomom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Angie D'Accursio
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    249
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Santino
    Likes (Received)
    54

    Default

    baby duke, may I ask what drops you give Duke? My boy had entropian surgery twice and has severe redness in and around one eye and has constant blinking, and tearing in just the one eye.

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •