Tobradex Eye Drops

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Hello!

Has anyone ever used Tobradex eye drops on their bullies?? Otis has some sort of discoloration on one eye and I'm hoping this stuff clears it up. It's only been 4 days, but I can't see any improvement.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I never have.... @desertbulldogs, [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Is it something that came from the vet or over the counter (OTC)?
HRH has dry eye and we use Opt-immune prescribed from the vet. Before starting that we were using an OTC drop called Blink that did seem to help a little, but the Opt-immune works much better.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I haven't heard of it either?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Is it something that came from the vet or over the counter (OTC)?
HRH has dry eye and we use Opt-immune prescribed from the vet. Before starting that we were using an OTC drop called Blink that did seem to help a little, but the Opt-immune works much better.

From the vet. We tried...Muro? I think..first with no success. She did an eye stain to see if it was scratched, but it wasn't. So now we're trying Tobradex. The vet says its from his eyelashes, it almost looks like a cataract.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It's a human drug.....pretty expensive. Combination of tobramycin and dexamethasone. Combo of a steriod and an antibiotic. It's usually used to treat bacterial infections, swelling, itching and redness. What kind of discoloration are you talking about?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Well when HRH's dry eye was causing problems before we started using the opt-immune the vet wasn't sure she didn't have entropian because the tissue around her eyes was so swollen. But since her eyes are better that seems to not be an issue anymore. But it was at least a couple weeks before he retested her eyes to see if it was working too. So at this point I'd suggest to give it some more time.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
It's a human drug.....pretty expensive. Combination of tobramycin and dexamethasone. Combo of a steriod and an antibiotic. It's usually used to treat bacterial infections, swelling, itching and redness. What kind of discoloration are you talking about?

I can't find a picture where you can see it, but it sort of looks like a cataract, but not quite, it looks a little hazy/cloudy. Are there any drugs specifically for dogs? His antibiotics for his paw are also for humans..cephalexin.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Well when HRH's dry eye was causing problems before we started using the opt-immune the vet wasn't sure she didn't have entropian because the tissue around her eyes was so swollen. But since her eyes are better that seems to not be an issue anymore. But it was at least a couple weeks before he retested her eyes to see if it was working too. So at this point I'd suggest to give it some more time.

Hmmm, okay, thank you!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Our Duke gets a gel drop and also a liquid drop once a day ( he has entropian sugery a few years ago ) I have never heard of this particular one..

Just keep your eye on it.. any changes I would go back to the vet

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
baby duke, may I ask what drops you give Duke? My boy had entropian surgery twice and has severe redness in and around one eye and has constant blinking, and tearing in just the one eye.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.