Help Needed! She is coughing...

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy started coughing since Sunday and I am not sure if this is something that requires medical attention or if I should just keep her under observation. On Sunday she maybe coughed 2-3 times and I thought she was just gagging with something that got stuck on her throat. But then last night and this morning she has been coughing more often.... is more of a gagging cough. Other than that she is fine... drinking, eating, playing an happy.

Should I just take her to the vet or is there anything I can do at home in the mean time?

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Kisses and Hugs to you and Izzy. That I do not have an answer for, someone should be along soon.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Because I'm paranoid, I would call my Vet and get her opinion. Don't think I would take Blue in right away though.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
open her mouth and look between her teeth and see if anything is hung up . then call the vet if you don't see anything

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending prayers that it is nothing & hugs for you & Izzy. :pray: :hug2:

Let us know what her Vet says...much love! :drawheart2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Izzy started coughing since Sunday and I am not sure if this is something that requires medical attention or if I should just keep her under observation. On Sunday she maybe coughed 2-3 times and I thought she was just gagging with something that got stuck on her throat. But then last night and this morning she has been coughing more often.... is more of a gagging cough. Other than that she is fine... drinking, eating, playing an happy.

Should I just take her to the vet or is there anything I can do at home in the mean time?

How is Izzy doing.... did you take her to the vet?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was just wondering if you took her to the vet to. i prolly would have just to be on the safe side

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
So sorry for not replying, life has been way too busy now :(

I called the vet and he told me to watch her closely and wait couple of days. If it was just a virus it should clear up on its own and it did!

No vet bills and healthy puppy at home! Yay!

bigrod48

Jan 7, 2013
NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
My puppy did the same thing yesterday . He started coughing then he seemed to be choking. I quickly picked him up and checked his mouth but he was ok . Then he didnt cough for the rest of the day. Im wondering what causes that to happen

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.