Need some prayers

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Bless your little baby girl ... how is she doing this evening?? :heart:

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Haven't Been on for a few days. Sorry i missed this one. Tyler (RIP) went through this when he bit off a big piece of a large nylabone. The type that looks like the large rubber kong bones. It only took a few days after his surgery for him to Feel better. Don't worry your little girl will be better in a few days. Bulldogs are tough. In a few days she will be chewing your fingers off for a treat.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She's better overall but still runny and her poor bottom is swollen. I keep washing her off and drying with desitin, gold bond. It's really red "diaper rash". Poor babes. She just can't hold in the laxatives and is leaking poo. We prayed for poo right? Amen! I hope she gets it out of her system soon I don't want her to get anymore rashes. It's pretty bad. Her appetite is back so that's awesome. Hoping the pumpkin will kick on soon.

I think I bruised her tummy around her surgical incision too lifting her in the tub :(. She did the squiggly thing and I know I pushed on it for a second. Not hard and i caught it as soon as i did it. Gosh I hope I didn't mess her up! :(.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Lisa,

I'm glad to hear that Yuna is eating and continuing to heal.
Do you think Preparation H Maximum Strength Pain Relief (it has a vasoconstrictor and anesthetic in it) right around her anus might give her a little more relief than the Desitin? And then the Desitin around the Preparation H.
  • Rapid, soothing hemorrhoid pain relief
  • Smooth, cream formula with aloe
  • Shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue
  • Relieves external discomfort

Hope you are doing okay another week is almost over, take care.

Christy

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Sounds like things are slowly getting back to normal. You are amazing. Because of this site we all love a little more and learn a little more each time we sharethese awful journeys together. And everything you and Yuna have gone through is going to help someone when they need it most.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay today things are finally a bit better. The rash got so bad her entire backside was raw. Thank you for the tip on the Prep-H I also decided to get away from the desitin. Went with Epsom salt soaks, prep H and just a load of gold bond all over afterwards.

Her poo is still awful looking but at least it stopped leaking out, I know the key here is patience. I just freak thinking about this happening to a new bully mom with the horrible butt rash on fire..... so raw it was pussing..... washing the butt 5-6 times a day only to see no relief in site, could not use a diaper so just lots of bedding changes in the whelping box.....I almost lost it I felt so bad for her. Dang near had an emotional breakdown. I know it had to have been so painful!!!! By yesterday evening I finally saw an improvement otherwsie we were scheduled for the last appt for the day. Luckily we did not have to go.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Wow, you've both been through it. Thank God she's better and you kept trying things til they worked. What a Mama! ^5. Hope things will settle down now and you can breath.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I'm so glad Yuna's getting better. She's getting the best care, so she'll be good to go in no time with such a dedicated mom as you, Lisa!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Nervous breakdown or emotional meltdown, I can surely relate to that. We want the best for our dogs and they are not just like members of the family they are members of the family to me and so for most if not all in this forum from what I can tell. So if they are ill or hurting or some other issue we perplex ourselves wondering and second guessing ourselves, " have I done enough or should I do more or have I done too much" And of course they can't tell us like a child who can talk can by informing us that they feel better or that hurts or don't do that because... So in many ways they are like an infant that we fret over. It seems as everything is getting better for you guys and I'm happy about that

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names